Kaebryn's blessing was almost perfect! We went to Sacrament meeting at 9:30 am and had my friend, Kara, bring the boys home after church while my mom and I got the rest of the food ready. My dad and Troy set up tables, chairs and the canopy. I thought I left myself plenty of time by having everything done ahead of time, but there are always those last few things that have to be done. 1:00 pm rolled around and people were showing up. We opted to have her blessed at our home. We waited for a few stragglers, and I called my brothers to see where they were. They informed me they would be atleast another 30 minutes, so we started without them. I felt so bad and had a diva moment, none of my brothers were there. I cried a little, sought comfort from my daddy, and the blessing was then performed. Troy did a fantastic job. I am so very proud of him. He even wore a white shirt!! He blessed her that she would be a help to me, that she would have strength and that she would one day find a companion to take her to the temple. I am so proud of Troy. I cannot say it enough. My dad blessed Daeson. My Grandfather, the last Grandfather either of us have, blessed Tevan. He blessed Kaebryn. My Grandma Smith came, too. I was glad to see her out and about and I am so grateful her health is improving so much. She and my aunt D missed the blessing, but came shortly after and I was so glad to see them. We had a lot of support from our family and our friends.
Blessing information: August 7, 2011 1:00 pm at our home.
Those who stood in the circle: Troy, Bishop LaMar John, Prestident Kite, Grandpa Lish, Papa Ty, Grandpa Blue, Uncle Dirk, Dale Gallup, Jaimen Hoopes, cousin Shane Ward, Uncle Adam Grover, Uncle Todd Sherman, and Troy Lassle.
Food served: Chicken salad on croissants, fruit salad, veggie tray, baked beans, chips, cookies, homemade rootbeer, and lemonade.
2 comments:
She looks darling! Good Job Troy- I'm proud of you, too!
What a precious baby girl!!
Post a Comment