Friday, January 13, 2012

Life in the fast lane

I cannot believe it is January already! We are keeping busy, very busy. We have been to several appointments for Kaebryn's helmet. She is now wearing it for 23 hours a day and has adjusted to it. It smells really bad though, so I have not gotten used to it 100%. She is sweet and doesn't seem to mind. We have seen changes already only having it 8 days.

Troy is back into school with a HUGE load. He has Anat and Phys, microbiology, inorganic chemistry, child development and labs. He dropped jogging and has decided to get use out of our treadmill instead. I am very proud of him. He has a lot going on right now.

Daeson is doing well in school. In fact he claims he needs to skip elementary and go to the 10th grade. He is so silly. He is growing tall and is quite handsome if I do say so. I had to have a talk with him the other day because he started a HOT GIRLS club. He told the cute girls in his class they could join if they wanted to. I told him it probably wasn't very nice to call girls "HOT" and that maybe he should use terms like pretty or cute. I also told him he could have just a friend club and he could let everyone in his club...I got shot down. I don't know what I'm gonna do with him when he is 16...I can barely contain him at 6!!

Tevan is funny. We were flipping through Netflix and he saw Puss and Boots. He exclaimed, "Poison Boots, Mom! I want to watch Poison Boots!" While at Kaebryn's last appointment, he saw a figurine of Mary Poppins and said, "I love Harry Poppers Mom!" He gets so excited about everything. I, however, have started getting anxiety over him starting first grade in September. It's gonna be an adjustment for his teacher, me and him! He is growing...slllooooowwwly. He did reach 33 lbs. He finally outgrew most of his 3T clothes. Finally. He will be five in June.

Me. I have had to adjust to being a single parent again. It has been hard but totally worth it...or will be in the end. I have tried to get some projects done. I got taxes ready to send, my sister in law's baby present done (one to go), I am helping in Daeson's class still and I have applied to be a substitute teacher for the school district. I think it would be fun to sub in elementary. I am still trying to get my cake business going, but that's been slow. Between all the errands, relief society stuff and just everything in general, life has certainly kept me busy and it doesn't seem like it is slowing down anytime soon. If I could burn 10 calories for every thought running through my mind, I would be a size 2.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Your kids are so adorable. I miss you guys!!! I laughed out loud about Daeson's hot girl club and Tevan loving Harry Poppers. I still remember this summer when I was watching Harry Potter downstairs and I turn around to find him sitting on the stairs. I said, "Tevan, what are you doing?" and he looked at me and said very seriously, "I. Love. Harry. Potter." So cute.

Unknown said...

You are so amazing. You inspire me to be better each day.
I love reading your posts and I'm so glad that I got to know you.