from Sunny California.
We left snow, and it was so
nice to have some sun!! Peggy,
Troy's mom, had a conference in
Francisco and I got to go as a
guest. It was a lot of fun and
I have a HUGE love for San Fran
now!! It was so much fun!! Thank
you, Benchmark!!! Thank you
Mom and Troy for watching the
kids!!! I feel very lucky to have
gone! So, now for some pics and
vacation info...
This was a very cool water
park in Downtown.
Very interesting.
The flowers were so pretty.
Fisherman's Wharf sign. We went
here a lot. Very yummy seafood!!!
And I don't even like seafood!!!
I think they called this Cocktail Street.
They had a lot of Dungeness Crab and
seafood cocktails all a long the street.
It smelled...interesting.
You can't go to San Fran without riding
the trolley. It was quite an adventure.
I had to hang off the edge one trip and
I thought I was going to get taken out
by the oncoming trolley!!
I told you we went here a lot!
We still didn't see everything!
This is the bay. Very
peaceful and beautiful!!
The sunsets were so pretty!
This is Gherradelli(sp) Square.
They used to make chocolate here,
but it moved. So now it is a store and
restaurant. Very neat.
The last day we were here,
we went on a tour of the Muir
woods and Salsalito. This is not
part of the tour, but our driver was
really cool. He took a detour of the
Golden Gate Bridge. It was exciting!!!
This is a tree in the Muir Woods.
They were very neat.
This is Oma. Peggy and Oma knew each
other, but this trip was the first time
I got to meet her. She is incredible!
I quickly came to love Oma. I wish
all of you could meet her, she is so neat.
This is in the Muir Woods.
This is a horrible picture of
Crookedest Street. Because of an
accident in the 70's, tour buses are
not allowed to go down the street.
Our driver stopped to let me take a pic!!!
This is Union Square. Peggy
and I didn't do any shopping here,
but we did visit once. We did a
service project at Glide. If any of you
saw The Pursuit of Happyness you
know the Glide is the homeless
shelter he went to. We refinished
the pews in the sanctuary. I was amazing. While we waited
for the pews to dry, we walked down to Union Square.
Boy did we feel out of place!!!
I looked all over San Fran
for this spot...also from the movie.
Peggy finally found it...right out side
of our hotel!!!
GooGoo Dolls anyone? We were
sooo close to the stage. Thank you
Peggy for standing there with me
through the whole concert! It was amazing!
Mark Curry...aka Mr Cooper.
He entertained us a lot on this trip.
He was pretty funny, but he repeated
a lot of his material. Still, pretty funny.
After his show, he allowed us to get pics
with him.
Okay, horrible hair, but our tour
finished late and I had to hurry.
I was so embarrassed to meet a celebrity
looking like that!!!
Home. I bought Daeson a sword
and a costume from Chinatown.
He loved it! It was "just what I always
wanted!"
Tevan was not sure about me
when I got home. It took him a sec to
realize it was me. I think he thought
I left for good. But, he then wouldn't
leave my side!
These are Willie braids.
We got these at a late night
party at Purple Haze. They all got
a kick out of them.
The SanFrancisco bread company.
Boudin Sour Dough. This is Troy's
asiago cheese loaf...flower.
This is the kids' rabbit.
Neither one of the loaves got
eaten before they went bad...bummer.
But it was good.
2 comments:
Looks like fun, fun, fun! I'm glad you two had a good time - and I love all the picures. Very neat. Someday I hope to go to San Fran.
Looks like such a great time! So glad you were able to go!
Post a Comment