Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Diet info...as much as I can

Okay, so it has come to my attention that I need to post the diet info on my blog. As I was discussing this with my dad, he said I better check with Dr. Willey first...you know, copyright and all that stuff. So, here is his info, and then I will post below what I have been doing. That way you all can get a head start and I don't feel like I am taking away his business. Also: As with every diet, you need to consult a physician before starting this...especially if prego or nursing. This is a low cal diet and it was set at my weight of 194. So, you might have to play with it to get it to fit YOU. Now with that said... here it is!!!

Oh, I better post on here that his books are available in Chubbuck at Physicians Immediate Care Center across from Smiths. The phone number is 208-237-7911 and you can make an appt. His books are approx $30.00 and they have them for sale there.

I am on a 1400 cal diet. Troy is on a 1700 cal diet. The difference is the amt of food you can eat. Here is a basic schedule, then I will post some sample meals that we have eaten. There is a website that talks about glycemic indexes...so use that for a reference. http://www.glycemicindex.com/

Exercise 30-40 minutes in AM BEFORE FOOD. WRITE DOWN WHAT YOU EAT!! I have found that if you follow this diet, you will generally stay in the 1400 cal range. Stick with the portions! You need to eat every 2-3 hours on this diet. You need a sugar free fiber supplement in the evening. Use spices as needed. Drink 3/4 gallon of water EVERY DAY. You can have up t0 2 diet pops OR 2 cups of coffee a day. You need to watch the junk you put in your coffee if you drink it.

MEAL 1: 1 Protein source, 2 Active carbs
MEAL 2: 1 oz RAW almonds
MEAL 3: 1 Protein source, 1 Active carb, Free Carbs (as many as you want)
MEAL 4: 1/2 LOW CARB protein bar (troy and I don't like them, so we use a sweet and salty nut bar...1/3)
MEAL 5: 1 Protein source, 0 Active carbs, Free carbs (as many as you want)
Bed Time meal (opt): 1 cup sugar free jello. (I refuse to eat things with aspartame, so Troy and I have opted for a sugar free pudding, or Blue Bunny fudge bars...the low cal ones.)

Active carbs are so plentiful I cannot list them all. Here are some...you'll have to go to the glycemic index if you are concerned about others: Apple 3 in 1.5, motts applesauce 1 cup, muslemans applesauce 6 oz, fresh apricots 8 med, banana 1.25 med, blueberries 1.5 cup, carrots 12 oz,fruit roll up 2 rolls, grapes 1.25 cup, grapefruit 1.25 4 inch, grape juice 8 oz, navel orange 2 3 in, oj 8 oz, peach 1.5 cop, canned pears 4 halves, fresh pineapple 1.5 cup, caned pumpkin 3 cup, raisins .25 cup, frozen strawberries 1.75 cup, ff yogurt 8 oz, white popcorn 3 Tbsp, Yoplait yogurt lowfat 6 oz,yoplait lite 8 oz, cheerios 1.25 cup, cocoa crispies 1 cup, grapenuts .33 cup, honey nut toasties 1.25 cups, wheaties 1.25 cups, all bran .65 cup, corn flakes 1.25 cups, raisin bran .65 cups, cracklin oat bran .66 cups. shredded wheat 1.75 pc, spoon shredded what .75 cup, rice krispies 1.5 cup, cream of wheat 3 Tbsp dry, low fat granola .33 cup, oatmeal precooked measurement .66 cups, orowheat lite bread 3.5 slices, wonder reduced cal lite bun 2 buns, corn cake 4 cakes, flour tortilla 1.5 tortilla, corn tortilla 1.5, triscuit 1.5 oz, eggo waffle homestyle 2 waffle, boiled black beans .75 cups, dry black beans .33 cups, kidney boiled .75 cups, lima boiled .75 cups, navy bean boiled .66 cups, canned navy .75 cups, boiled pinto .75 cups, caned pinto .75 cups, dry pinto .25 cups, pork and beans .5 cups, sweet potato 1 5x2 in, baked in skin potato 1, rice cakes 2.5 cakes, white basmati rice .5 cup cooked, long grain brown .75 cooked cup, instant rice uncooked .5 cups, boiled or baked yam .75 cups, any kind pasta 1.75 oz.

Free carbs are: Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery, Cucumber, Green beans, Green peppers, Lettuce (iceberg and leaf), mushrooms, onions, pickles, radishes, red peppers, spinach, Tomatoes (except juice), and zucchini.

Protein sources are: bacon 2.5 slices, skinless chicken breast 4.5 oz, Hormel chick breast 1 can, Bar S ham 96% ff 6 oz, sausage links 1.5 links, skinless tky breast 3 oz, Hormel tky breast .75 can, 10%fat hamburger 3 oz, 15 % fat HB 2.5 oz, steak blade chuck 3 oz, rib eye steak 3 oz, porter house steak 3 oz, eye round steak 3 oz, top round 3 oz, shank cut steak 3 oz, top sirloin 3 oz, venison/antelope 4 oz, dry heat freshwater bass 4 oz, striped dry heat bass 4 oz, Atlantic cod dry heat 5 oz, Alaska king crab moist heat 5 oz, blue crab moist heat 5 oz, dry heat flounder 4.5 oz, haddock dry heat3.75 oz, northern lobster moist heat 5 oz, mahi mahi 5 oz, orange roughy dry heat 5 oz, perch dry heat 4 oz, Atlantic/ocean dry heat perch 4 oz, Atlantic salmon dry heat 3.5 oz, moist heat shrimp 5 oz, dry heat trout 3 oz, tuna burger 5 oz, low sodium can tuna .75 can, water tuna canned 1 can, walleye baked,broiled,microwaved 4.5 oz, colby/mozzarella cheese 2 oz, cottage cheese 1.25 cup, egg beaters 1.25 cup, egg white 5, whole eggs 2, milk (skim, 1,2%) 6 oz, ff mozzarella shredded .75 cup.


ANYTIME FOODS (you can eat these in you meals anytime that your meal allows you to) slow inducers of insulin secretion: most all meats, most all cheese, yogurt low fat artificially sweet, canned soy beans, peanuts, soya beans, rice beans, green apples, cherries, fructose, dried peas, grapefruit, red lentils, protein enriched spaghetti, full fat milk

BEFORE 3 PM FOODS moderate inducers of insulin secretion: kidney, black, butter Lima, garbanzo, pinto, navy beans, soy milk, dried apricots, skim milk, fettuccine, All Bran fruit and oats, mars snickers bar, apple juice, white spaghetti, fresh pears, tomato soup, plums

BEFORE NOON FOODS moderate inducers of insulin secretion: all bran, fresh peaches, mars twix caramel, oranges, canned pears, sweet potato, mars choco, canned pinto beans, macaroni, linguine, instant rice boiled one minute, sponge cake, grapes, pineapple juice, canned peaches, instant noodles, green peas, mixed grain bread, grapefruit juice, baked beans, high fructose corn syrup, muffins, canned potatoes, ice cream, oatmeal, hamburger bun, split pea soup, cheese pizza, pastry, rice vermicelli, white rice, bran chex, honey, fresh apricots, white pita bread, power bar, mini wheats, mango

EARLY MORNING FOODS rapid inducers of insulin secretion: mini wheats shredded wheat, skittles, high fiber wheat bread, taco shells, stoned wheat thins, grapenuts, croissant, angel food cake, green pea soup canned, pineapple, nutrigrain, life cereal, steamed potato, sucrose, black bean soup, mac and cheese, mars bar, beets, raisins, shortbread, apricots canned, tofu frozen dessert non dairy, maltodextron, maltose, glucose tablets, dates, parsnips, glucose, instant rice boiled 6 minutes, rice chex, microwaved potatoes, rice krispies, pretzels, jelly beans, post flakes, rice cakes, vanilla wafers, coco pops, total cereal, waffles, donuts, pumpkins, cheerios, puffed wheat cereal, boiled mashed potatoes, rutabaga, watermelon, white bagel, golden grams, white wheat bread, mashed potatoes, cream of wheat and Melba toast.

DO NOT eat within 3 hours of bed.

EXAMPLE EATING PLAN:

Exercise: I use the firm cardio dance slim down. This is a great workout and fairly easy. Walmart $10.00. I also use my Wii Fit and the XBOX You Yourself fitness program. These are all very easy and good workouts. Pilates and yoga are also great. I loved my yoga ball until the kids melted it...

I actually take LIPOZENE supplement 30 minutes before I eat three times a day. I find this works great with this diet. Troy does not take it. It is about $26 at CostCo.

Breakfast: 1. Eggbeaters, toast, and a piece of fruit. 2. Yogurt, grapnuts, and bacon. 3. Fruit, bagel, and milk. 4. Eggbeaters (half portion), sausage (half portion), waffle, OJ.

Lunch: 1. One pc bread, lunch meat, crackers. 2. Boiled eggs, cucumbers, broccoli, and a pc of fruit. 3. Tuna made with ff mayo, crackers, free carbs. 4. Spaghetti (watch portion), green salad.

Dinner: 1. Steak, asparagus, green salad. 2. Chicken, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, green salad. 3. If you go to dinner, order fish, steak, or chicken that is not breaded. Get a salad or steamed veggies for the side. 4. Chinese: order the moo goo gui pan...just don't eat the rice or lo mein. We eat a lot of green salad and spinach. If you want to eat the pastas, eat it for lunch.

I almost forgot: in order to keep your metabloism from stabalizing, you are allowed one three hour cheat. So for three hours, you get to eat how much and what you want once a week.

Also, please do not repost this onto your blog. I am really trying to keep out of trouble from Dr. Willey, so please do not repost. I am only keeping this up for a short while...after that I will only post his name, address and phone number. So, if you would like the diet plan, please copy, read or whatever before the end of the month as I will take it off. Thanks for everyone who had intrest in this GREAT diet! Troy and I have been super happy since shedding the 20 pounds. Good luck to everyone who gives it a whirl!!


1 comment:

Kayla said...

Thanks Jandy! Atleast this should help get me started after this baby comes.