Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Gratitude...

I am, to say the least, running a bit slow these days. My philosophy? If you have three, you may as well have six (children)!! I cannot wait until school starts...as I type, the kids are fighting, screaming and yelling at each other. They will most likely wake up Kaebryn. Oh sweet-all-day-school-please-come-quickly!

Troy started school yesterday. Yup, school. He is officially an ISU student and for the next four years, he will be full time. He is going into...NURSING! I never thought he would choose that profession, but now he has and I know he will do great. I cannot wait for him to get into the program. He has a Computer Networking degree, but now he has some health science generals to get out of the way. In the spring, he can apply to the program. He is going to try to do this without working. Things are going to be very tight. We haven't had to go without much in our eleven years of marriage, but we will do just fine. I am grateful I was old enough when my dad went to school that I can remember the struggles. I am proud of Troy and all his accomplishments. I am grateful he is trying to get and education that can provide for us. I am also very grateful for a Heavenly Father who pushes and nudges and makes everything okay. We both feel this has been an inspiration and we feel like Heavenly Father has directed our lives to this path. I am grateful that Troy has begun to recognize this higher power. He started going back to church a few months ago, after an eleven year break, and I am so grateful. He even spoke in sacrament meeting!! There have been many Sundays that I have been alone on the pew. There have been many excuses of why I attended by myself. I am grateful for however long this lasts! I love him so very much. I am so very humbled by our blessings. Neither Troy nor I feel worthy of our good fortune. Rough times ahead? Probably. Can we face these times alone? No. But I know we don't have to. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and I know with the support of our family and friends, we will be able to make it thorough the next four years. I love you, Troy!

Daeson starts the first grade next Monday. I cannot believe it! He is growing so quickly. He is a smart boy, and he can do very well when he applies himself. He is a fun boy and has a very big heart. He definitely thinks of others and is generally a very lovey boy.

Tevan. What can I say about Tevan. Terrible twos??? And threes and fours!! He can be so sweet, but he is very trying at times. When he doesn't get his way, watch out. There will likely be a tantrum following. He is cute though. I am afraid that is why he acts the way he does because he is cute...when he isn't throwing a fit. But we love him. Preschool is still undecided. We are trying to figure out if we can afford it with Troy's tuition.

Kaebryn. Oh sweet Kaebryn. I weighed her yesterday...13.4lbs!!! I called her a butterball and she cried! I guess we won't call her that! She really is sweet and tender hearted. I just love her so much and she brings joy into our lives. Troy has interacted with her way more than the boys. There is something to be said about a daddy and his daughter.

Me? I am just trying to stay afloat. Yesterday and today have been spent doing laundry and washing bedding. I change the sheets on a weekly basis, but I decided to wash pillows, bedspreads, and blankets. In addition, I am washing up Kaebryn's 3-6 mo clothes. She has been out of 0-3 mo for quite some time, but I washing all of the warmer things. Summer is winding down. We have a family reunion this weekend in Island Park and I know the kids will need warmer clothes. I also need to wash Daeson's new clothes for school. Sigh...he is growing so fast! I am still property managing the house across the street for our friends. I just oversaw a roof project...next a bathroom. So it has been keeping me on my toes. I am also trying to adjust to having Troy gone all of the time. He is still working for now, until we can figure something else out, and he is gone a lot. I am a very needy person...or have grown that way over the last couple years. I depend on Troy...a lot. So do many other people. He does computers on the side. He does his regular job. He does things around the house. He takes care of me and the kids providing us with love, comfort and anything else we need. We have sworn off eating out...I am sad about this, I do enjoy a nice dinner with no clean up. However, it will be good for us to have that as a treat only. So, I have committed myself to preparing and cooking three meals a day, seven days a week. I allow my kids to have cereal only one day a week, so I will cherish that day! :) I am wanting to get some scrapbooking done. I even got some pictures developed of the kids. I have thousands more, but I do have some. So I will end this post. I will get some pictures uploaded and get this thing rolling!! So with gratitude in my heart, I sign off.

3 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

You're so beautiful, Jandy. I love you so much and appreciate the example and friend that you've been to me over the years. Thank you. I loved this post. What a wonderful family you have.

You know, I've always been a "needy" person too -- but the last few years have taught me some new things about myself. I can do things. Lots of things. Without help and not just because Nels is going to be there. It's been hard at times, but also a blessing to come to realize the role that I play in our family as Mother and not just Wife. It may be rocky at times, but you'll do wonderful and so will your family. You'll be able to grow to appreciate more fully the precious time that you have together and you'll be better for it.

Good luck with all that is coming up. I can totally relate with praising the day that school starts. I'm both excited and . . . not. I just wish we were settled and knew what the next two months hold for us. But the girls are definitely ready for something different . . . and so am I. :) Maybe we'll be able to find some time to hang out a bit. :)

Unknown said...

You are so wonderful Jandy! I'm so glad that Troy has started going back to church. It makes my heart so happy for him and YOU!
You are so great- Keep up the good work!

Susie said...

I just loved reading this post!! You are such a special person to me Jandy Lou! I can't say how much my heart smiles when I hear you are doing well!! What a beautiful blessing dress kaebryn has. She is just lovely!!