Sunday, March 25, 2012

Oregon or bust...our first family vacation

This is our first real family vacation. Troy and I have been on trips for work and little jaunts here and there, but never a vacation. So we left on Friday, March 23, 2012 and headed to Oregon. We first stopped in Pocatello to get my hair cut and then once more in Massacre Rocks to get Tevan. He was at my parent's house for the last three weeks. We then continued on our way. We made little stops here and there, but drove through the night, arriving in Beaverton, OR at 5 am on Saturday, March 24.

The kids were wide awake and so excited, so I stayed awake with them while Troy slept. Brandon, our cousin, works nights, so he needed some more shut-eye as well. After about an hour or two of trying to keep the kids quiet, I decided to venture out on my own. I used the GPS in my cell phone and drove to Sonic for breakfast and then a park for the kids to play. It was windy and chilly, so Kaebryn fussed after her nap. I was a little annoyed...okay, a lot annoyed, but we managed. I found our way back to Brandon's and Brandon woke up. We then woke Troy up and we got ready to venture out in the Portland area.

We went to Fry's...of course! Troy was in heaven! Then we ventured over to a mall, walked around, went to the Lego store, then to the Cheesecake Factory. It was sooo yummy! Tevan and Daeson fell asleep on the bench long before their food arrived, so we got it to go. We headed back to Bran's, got kids ready for bed, fed the boys, and watched one of Troy's favorites, The Simpson's. Then to bed we went. Kb slept in her carseat next to me on the couch, Troy on the blow-up and the boys in a papasan chair in the living room. The next morning, March 25, we got up, ate waffles...thanks, Bran...and headed to Astoria.

No comments: