Wednesday, August 15, 2012

One of those days

Today is definitely one of those days. It started fine, I guess. I couldn't sleep last night, not sure if it is the fires or that I am actually getting a cold. Either way, colds last and I don't think all the fires are going away either. Anyway...Daes got Kb out of bed this morning and brought her to me. She was excited to see me and I laid with her for a moment...then decided to get in the shower. Troy, I thought, had control over the situation, but her screaming at the bathroom door for twenty minutes while I got ready proved otherwise. I yelled. Then yelled some more, not really helping the situation, but momentarily helping me feel better...only to feel worse after. Urg!

This morning was registration for school. Last year we were there an hour and I had to register two kids today, so the anticipated hour was expected. Troy told me I had forty minutes to get back before he had to leave to do a computer job. So I got to the school, required documents in hand, and eagerly headed to the office to register Tev first. I got to the office, read the sign, and realized I had his birth certificate, his shot records and proof of residency...but no wallet. Great. I headed out to the car to see if I had any cash stashed away...three dollars short! Urg!

I headed home, told Daes to grab the diaper bag while I grabbed the check book and Kb's stuff because now I knew I would not get done in the allotted 40 minutes. I was not happy at this point, I was mad at Troy because I feel often that his stuff comes before mine...but I won't open that can! So I loaded the stroller, the kids, and the checkbook and headed to the school. Midway Kb was screaming as usual and I reached for the diaper bag. "Daeson, where's the diaper bag?" "I don't know." "I told you to get the diaper bag." "I got your wallet!" "Did I ask for my wallet or did I ask for my diaper bag?" So, I flipped around. I drove back home to get the diaper bag...we are now past the 40 minutes! I am beyond irritated now. I am angry.

I went to the school. Waited in line. Daes and Tev were running around like a bunch of wild children....not listening. Kb was screaming her head off in protest of her being in her stroller. I got to the office. Picked up Tev's packet to fill out and then sat at the table filling out the numerous papers. I am not a racist person, but when I have to fill out a stinking paper about NOT being Hispanic....I get a little cranky. I LIVE IN AMERICA!! I should not have to fill out papers declaring that I am sure I am not freaking Hispanic!!!!!!!

I finally got Tev's paperwork done only to have to stand in another line for Daeson's. I sat, Again, filling out the numerous papers declaring that I am, in deed, white. Kb was still protesting her being in her stroller and everyone around me was giving me "the look". I took her out. Held her....or rather tried to hold her...while she grabbed at all the many papers laying around. Finally, done with D's packet. I got stopped by the PTO president who is a friend, and filled out more papers. I stopped at the lunch room to get the scoop on school lunches...only yet to fill out MORE papers...once again declaring I am white. I had to go back to the office to get my receipt showing that I paid my dues and to turn in Daeson's paperwork. Whew. Done with registration. What time is it?? Oh man, just enough time to get the boys to their eye exams.

I drove to the mall, our insurance works at Lenscrafters. I had just enough time to get some lunch for the kids. Sigh...I was looking forward to a break. Subway and Pretzel maker are the only two places to get food. Tev wanted pretzel maker and Daeson wanted Subway. So, I stood in line at pretzel maker...malls are always slow! I ordered a pretzel dog, no drink, a small pretzel bite for KB, and two juice drink things for the boys. Apparently he didn't hear me say just the dog, not the special, 'cause I got a strawberry lemonade! Stinking 10 bucks all together!! Kb, by the way, was still screaming in her stroller. I was headed to Subway to get mine and Daeson's. Kb flipped around in her stroller, grabbed the lemonade cup from my hand and spilled it everywhere. I mean everywhere. Down her, the stroller, all over the floor, in the diaper bag, all over my foot....it was everywhere. Why did I not see her, you ask? Because I was looking at Tevan throwing a fit because he dropped his hot dog out of the pretzel wrapping. Is this day ever going to end????? I cleaned up what I could, told Tev to suck it up and that it was his fault and shushed Kb. I went to Subway only to see that there was a sign saying they do not take debit cards. I never carry cash with me, so I told Daes he had to get pretzel maker. I was soooo angry! He threw a fit..."I don't want pretzel maker, I want Subway! Why can't I have Subway!?"

Back to pretzel maker to stand in line...again!!! This time I ordered a pretzel dog. Just that. And I just looked at my reciept...that jerk charged me for pretzel bites that I didn't get! I wondered why it was six bucks! What a rip! Anyway, we ate and headed to the eye appt. We got there, only to be told that they cannot find my kids on my insurance card. They cannot do the exam because the kids didn't show up. So, we ran the cards again, only to show that they are, infact, covered. Gratefully the exams went fine.

Home. Kb fell asleep in the car on the way home. I warmed her a bottle, changed her diaper and put her down for her nap. I went outside to get the kitchen/fridge playset washed for daycare that I bought at a yard sale a couple weeks ago. We got that done, and I thought I would get a few weeds pulled since I was out there. I was doing great, until the boys started fighting, I yelled again. Then it must have been karma cuz as soon as I yelled, a bug flew in my eye! I came in side and decided to blog about my horrible day. Wishing that next week would come sooner.

Troy has worked all summer doing ice for his brother. The few days he had off was spent with the scouts, doing school work, or with his hurt back. We did go to Yellowstone one afternoon. This is his last week working for Adam, and I was very glad since school doesn't start for another week. We had great plans for next week. We were going to drop the kids off for a week at various family members houses, then spend a week in SLC just having fun. We even found a place for Kb! However, he now works from 7am to 7 pm everyday next week except Saturday and Sunday. I am not happy. I hate weekend trips, I feel like all you do is drive. Drive. Drive.

I know I am extra grumpy today. I know this blog was probably hysterical to those of you who have gone through what I went through today. I do not like going through this stuff. I do not like change. Change is not for me. But here is my bad day. In writing. Maybe one day I will look back on this and realize how silly and trivial it sounds...but today, I have declared, the worse day ever!

1 comment:

Rachel Chick said...

Oh, Jandy! I'm so sorry! I've had days like that . . . those are the days that you just say screw lunch and the appointment - take them all home, lock them in their rooms, and watch a movie on Netflix. ;) Love you, lady! Next time you can call me to vent. :) I can truly sympathize. :)