Friday, October 26, 2012

Fall has come and gone

Yesterday we woke up to snow...a lot of snow.  I wasn't excited, but the kids were.  I rounded up all the snow clothes...hats, gloves, scarves, boots, snow pants...and got the kids ready for school.  They looked like marshmallows walking out the door, but they were toasty marshmallows!

It snowed off and on yesterday and today it is almost gone.  I am amazed how quickly the weather changes,  We didn't get much of a fall.  It has come and gone.  I loved last year for we had a warm Halloween, a reasonably warm Thanksgiving, and a very pleasant Christmas.  This year, I am afraid, will be heavy with snow.  Sigh.....soon Christmas will be here and we will be knee deep in the white powder.

The kids want to play in the cold weather, they know when they come in they can have warm cocoa and some marshmallows.  This is a favorite around here.  Since I can not eat chocolate without severe consequences, I drink soy steamers with coconut flavoring.  It is delicious and I enjoy every drop.  Yesterday I made the first batch of caramel popcorn....mmmmm!  Yummy!  It was so good and I wondered why I don't make it all year long.  Delicious!

Kaebryn likes the snow so far...she eats it.  Not surprising since she eats everything.  I am pretty sure she has a Lego in her stomach somewhere.  This child is a whirlwind of energy.  She is into everything, puts everything in her mouth, and if all doors are not closed, she destroys whatever room she has access to!  When she was younger, we tried to get here to take a pacifier to help with the acid reflux, but she would not take one at all.  Lately, her favorite thing to do is to take a pacifier.  She chews, sucks, gnaws, plays with and soothes herself with the thing!  She is so funny like that!

Daeson is doing well in school and really likes it.  He has discovered a love for reading and has read "Magic Treehouse #33" and "Junie B.".  He likes to draw and is getting quite good at it.  He is a helper to me and is becoming a very responsible child.

Tevan is also doing well.  He is a fantastic reader, his teacher isn't sure what to do with him.  He needs some help with his penmanship, but what 5 year old doesn't??  He is very creative and uses his imagination to the max.  Everything is a game to him and he likes to show others all the games he makes up.  He is still very particular, and we have a lot of drama, but he's growing up quickly!

This should get it's own post, but Troy got accepted into the nursing program!  He was in the top 25 and he is super excited.  He is working hard and stressing a bit, but he is excited to move on.  Good job Troy!

I am on survival mode, and have been for a while.  Things are very busy for me, but I don't like to be idle, so its okay.  Tomorrow is Super Saturday and I cannot wait til its over so I can move onto the next project!  It is a big job being in charge!  Very stressful and time consuming.  But I made a lot of crafts this year, bonus.

1 comment:

Katie said...

It snowed down here too!!! I miss your kids. I'll have to come visit soon.