There has been much talk on the changes made in conference, the revelations revealed, and the talks that were spoken. I was grateful for the opportunity I had to watch/listen to all four sessions of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints General Conference. I was thankful for many of the talks that were directed towards me...as I am sure most of those who watched felt the same way.
I didn't hear every word spoken, nor did I get to hear the very beginning of Saturday morning due to techical difficulties, yet I feel thoroughly edified. I do sustain the leaders of our church. I pray for them, I love them for the services they so freely give, and I admire the ways they live their lives.
There has been much controversy as to what we, as "Mormons" believe. We are strange and peculiar people. And that is okay. I am happy to be set apart from the world in the way I speak, dress, and worship. I am not perfect, church is not for perfect people. It is a place where we can strive to become better people. There are many things I need to improve in my life, and through direction from our faithful church leaders, guidance through direct revelation from our Heavenly Father, and counseling from my husband and children, I know I can do better. Everyday I can make better decisions to become a better person. All of us can. All of us have the opportunity to be better, to know our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ. It is not something we should ever take advantage of, and it is not something that we "deserve". It is a gift, a privilege, and an honor to be able to converse with our Lord when we need him. He is a constant in our lives if we live righteously.
I was able to evaluate several aspects of my life during conference and there are several things I do need to change:
1. I need to love more.
2. I need to show respect to everyone and not be so demanding. I need to say please and thank you more.
3. I need not judge others. Period.
4. I need to be aware of the things I watch/listen to online. Are the shows I watch appropriate? Is the music I listen to edifying?
5. I need to be willing to serve more. I need to serve those around me and those in need.
There are many other things I need to do. I am very far from perfect. However, I need to start with a small list. Line upon line, precept on precept.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment