Thursday, September 27, 2012

Gender

So I decided gender has nothing to do with it when it comes to raising children.  I have always been told that girls are far easier to raise than boys.  That girls are...sweet, lovable...well, they were wrong.  Kaebryn is very sweet and lovable, but not very ladylike when it comes to some matters.  She gets in to everything, she bites, she hits other children, she screams, squeals, grunts, yells, and throws.  She, when told no, looks right at us and does exactly what she was told not to do and throws her head back and laughs.  She is a handful to say the least, but I love her so much!

Now don't judge me on the following story.  Troy has been working a lot...like 48 hour weeks and full time school on top of that, so rarely is he home to help with anything.  I see him for a couple hours some days, and the kids see him sometimes.  Daeson went two days without seeing him...and this is not rare.  So, I don't have any helpers to help me get my stuff done.  Today was a very odd day, and I don't even know how exactly it went...but something like this...I got up late, made breakfast, and Daeson only had about ten minutes to eat before he had to leave for school.  Troy got up to take Daeson since he hadn't seen him since Monday.  Daeson was late.  I cleaned the kitchen and called the insurance company to figure some changes out.  I then reviewed what I needed to get done today.  I got Tevan ready for school (who by the way is doing amazing academically.  He is ahead of his classmates and can almost pass Kindergarten now).  I came home to put Kaebryn down for her nap and to tie into my scout training.  I started the long training process.  I got a little ways into it when my friends Kara and Jace stopped in for a visit.  It was a nice break.  Then Jana and Owen came over for another visit, and Cara and Aiden came for visiting teaching.  Then it was time to get the boys from school.  Scout training still not done.  We went on a much needed grocery shopping trip and came home to put the groceries away.  It was then time to start dinner, scouting stuff still not done.  We ate...well, Kaebryn smeared her food everywhere and the rest of us ate.  This is the part I don't want judged on...I stuck her in the tub with the supervision of Daeson.  He is a good baby watcher and I continued my scout training, in the next room, that I was supposed to have done before pack meeting at 7pm.  All the sudden I hear, "Oh man!  Mom, Kaebryn pooped in the tub!"  To which I replied, "Gross, I'm coming."  The next thing was lovely..."Mom, she is eating it!"  YUUUCCCCKKKK!

I ran to the bathroom to find poop smeared everywhere, and yes, in Kaebryn's mouth, in her hair and all over everywhere!  If you know me, you know I do not do well with smells or gross things.  So I washed her up and got her in her pajamas, only to clean the tub, floor, and bath toys.  I have two boys, both of which pooped in the tub on several occasions.  Neither of which ever ate it.  Never even tried.  My daughter also ate a raw unwashed potato at pack meeting tonight.  So gross.

I know each child is an individual.  I know each on is sent from Heaven to help us with our weaknesses.  I know Kaebryn was sent to me as payback for the child I was...it just so happens that my little, sweet, beautiful daughter is a stinker...a poop-eating, dirt chowing, rock-throwing stinker.  But I love her.  I love her more than words can say.  I love that she laughs at herself, at us, and at our mistakes.  I love that she is an attention getter.  I love that she is my little ham, constantly seeking approval or even disapproval on her latest trick.  I love you, Kaebryn!  

2 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

As a mother of five very different girls, AMEN! :) Love you, Jandy Lou!

Katie said...

I love it. She is so funny. This made me laugh out loud. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger... ;)