Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day

I am mostly posting this for my own remembering...I forget a lot of things unless they are written down. We had a very busy weekend...in fact I feel like I have been going 1000 miles an hour since before California. Unfortunately there is no slowing down in the near future, so hold on for a long ride.



Saturday I co-hosted my cousin's bridal shower in Pocatello. We had a great time, but it fell during my brother's graduation, so some could not make it. The boys and I left early...nine AM early...for Pocatello. We ran a couple errands before the shower started. My parents graciously took Daeson for me, so I only had Tevan to contend with. He did pretty well considering. But, we had a great party and I hope she enjoyed it. Congratulations, Jill. I can't wait to meet him.



That afternoon Justin, my older brother, had a graduation/b-day party. I think once you hit 30 b-days are just not fun so he had to camouflage it with his graduation. :) But the kids had a blast at the park. We were all exhausted by this point and I was glad it was time for bed at Grandma Tom's. In fact, I fell asleep rocking Tevan. Daeson fell asleep with one hand in the crayon bucket and the other had holding his color book. It was so cute.



Sunday morning we went to my uncle's to see the baby geese. They were cute. We then got ready for one o'clock church in Chubbuck for Carson's (Jess and Carlie's baby) baby blessing. I left as soon as the sacrament was over and rushed to IF for Relief Society. I had to teach. On Mother's Day. But the lesson went well and we all survived. Troy was in Victor with his sister blessing her baby. So, I was supposed to be three places at one o'clock on Sunday. Tevan fell asleep in the van on the way home, so I had to call a young neighbor girl to watch him while I taught. I knew if I was teaching when he woke up, I would not make it through the lesson. I also knew I couldn't take him to nursery because he would freak out. My neighbor was great to watch him.



I then decided to go back to Pocatello for mother's day. Troy was still gone and my whole fam was in Pocatello with my mom. So we made some grilled cheese and sliced some apples and headed back down. The kids had a blast. Jesse had baby chickens and some other birds that the kids loved to play with. I got to visit and my mom got to spend Mother's Day with all of her kids for the first time in a long time. We got back late on Sunday night. We were all exhausted. When I got home, Troy had a gift for me. I like to make lists of things I want...it take the guess work out. However, I didn't think he would get me everything on my list. I was pleasantly surprised. I got a new Wii workout game, weights, a new balance ball, some bracelets that I had my eye on, and a HUGE chocolate cake that I enjoyed but paid the price for (given that I have a chocolate intolerance). I had a great mother's day. I hope that all the mother's out there had a fantastic day.

No comments: