Friday, May 1, 2009

What did I do today?

Thanks for asking...but what I did today Troy was not very happy about it!! Take a look!
Last year we had seven hornets nests in the neighbors lilacs. And the bushes/trees were knocking our fence down. So, today my friend and neighbor, Barbara, decided to take it upon ourselves to use the chainsaw.

We took turns with the chainsaw. But after I realized how much fun chopping things down was, I took over.




The kids had fun helping us. They were great tree limb movers! Barbara's little boy Cam is in the background. Tevan was a bit small for the limbs, so:


he was the official chainsaw repair boy. I know, I actually had no idea he was by the saw. Barbara probably knew I would freak out. This is the saw we started with, but after the chain slipped a few times, we went to ProRentals...for 20 bucks I got to use the chainsaw for two whole hours!! (So the one Tevan was "using" was out of commission) I had a blast. Troy still hasn't forgiven me. But, for over a month I have asked him to do it. This morning I decided I wasn't going to wait any longer. It is amazing how quickly tasks can be done when I decide to just do it. HHMMM, I wonder what else I can do. I know they rent out tractors and sod cutters...I just might decide to do the landscaping myself!! :)

1 comment:

K. Lou said...

you go girl!!! Tevan is getting so big!! they are such cute boys. Glad they were good helpers :)

The party was fun. it was so good to have your parents here. Glad Boise is the stopping place for events so we get to see family!!