Monday, July 20, 2009

9 Years

Troy and I celebrated our 9th anniversary on the 20th. It was nice and I am a lucky girl to have a great husband. We took our kids to the Gallups who agreed to take them overnight for us. THANK YOU!!!! The kids had a great time with them and just loved spending the night. We went to WhiteWater Grill (japanese style/fusion style). It was good. I had noodle stir-fry and Troy had the duck. It was very good. We met a very nice man there and chatted with him for a very long time. Although it didn't seem too long, we counted about 2.5 hours. He is Chuck from Ft. Collins and has 2 kids and a great wife from the sounds of it. We stayed at the Marriott...it was a great room. That morning, we ran Troy's route and picked the kids up. We then headed to a family reunion. It was a very busy two days, but it was fun. I cannot believe it has been 9 years already. We have lived in our house for 6 years and we are so happy here. We have definatley grown together. But, in honor of our 9 yr celebration, I would like to name 9 things I love about Troy.
1. He is a great provider for our family. It is not easy to be a stay-at-home mom with this economy, but he would never let that change...even if I wanted it to.
2. He is level headed. Sometimes I get big ideas and he has to talk me down from actually doing it. We are a great balance like that.
3. He is hardly mad at me. If I do something ( mostly spend a lot of money) he gets over it quickly.
4. He bathes the kids most nights. I don't love to bath me kids, so he does it. The only nights I don't is when he is not home.
5. He lets me got to my parent's house without grumbling. Because they live so far away, he lets me stay for extended periods of time with out complaint. And the house is clean when I get home!
6. He will let me pick the movie. I love chick flicks...although H S Musical 3 was not my fave, he sat through is with me. We do, however, enjoy the Office together.
7. He is a great daddy. He loves our kids with all his might. And I love that about him. No one will ever be able to call him a dead beat dad, it is just not in him to be like that.
8. He brushes my hair or rubs my head every night. I love that. If I could get a scalp massage everyday I would. He is so good about putting me to sleep like that.
9. He is supportive in my decisions. Troy may not be the most religious guy in the world, and I have finally accepted that, but he has NEVER stood in the way of the kids and I going to church. He even drove the girls' stuff to camp this year and picked us up. He is very supportive of my callings and my religious endeavors. That means so much to me.

I could go on and on, it may seem like I have already, but I love Troy more and more every day. He is a wonderful person who would do anything for anyone. He works hard for our family and takes care of our home needs as well. Nine years will eventually be 19 years and then 29. I I hope we have a long life together. He has taught me more than any person ever could. I love you, Babe!! Happy anniversary!

No comments: