Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Blogging hault

I have been extremely overwhelmed lately and blogging has taken a back burner. We have been without a kitchen for two weeks now, as the remodeling has taken over. Troy and I busted our humps trying to get things ready for last Thursday when the cabinet people told me the cupboards would be in....they never came. Friday morning they were here and installed the lower cabinets...not with drawers or cupboard faces, just cabinets. Then the counter top people came in. Troy and I laid the floor, mostly Troy, and got the appliances in. By Sunday our kitchen was almost useable and by Monday, yesterday, I could use it enough to cook again. I am mad at the cabinet people. I am upset they were not straight forward with us and I am mad they didn't answer our calls last week, they just left us hanging. But alas, it will look wonderful when they are done. Sigh...

Troy has a new calling. He will be released from Elder's Quorum teacher and he is now serving in the Young Men's as a quorum adviser.

Daeson's last week of school is this week. He is excited. Today their class went on a field trip. He was really excited about it!

Kaebryn is crawling all over the place and is into everything! The other day Tevan plugged the toilet by flushing half a roll of toilet paper. Before we knew it, I had gone in and peed. When I tried to flush it, it didn't go down. By the time Troy could get in there, she had gone in, found the full toilet and played in it...and ate the pee toilet paper. I'm shocked she isn't sick from the toilet germs, but I have a feeling she is going to be the kid with the best immune system. She eats everything! Insulation, dirt, bugs, pee water, carpet, paper and anything else she can get her mouth on. She is quick too, and she now knows to swallow before I go fishing in her mouth for it!

Tevan is growing finally. He acts a lot older lately too. He is smart as a whip and the trickiest 4 yr old I know.

The boys are grounded from everything until their room is kept clean for a week. Friends, video games, netfilx and so on. I am glad they are unplugged! They actually have imaginations to use!

Troy is back in school. He had a week break and did very well last semester! He had a super hard workload and I am proud of him and the grades he got! He is taking Anatomy and Physiology this semester...a higher level one. He is in for 6 weeks and then starts right after with 6 more weeks of school...we get to apply for Nursing in September! Woohoo.

I am going crazy and I am feeling very unorganized! But we will get this mess out of the way, get ready for a yard sale and try to keep up with everything going on this summer. I bought a Zoo pass, movie tickets through the school, and we have several parks in our area. We should be able to find something to do everyday. Oh, and with Troy working at the Apple, we have free admission there, too. It should be a great summer.

Today we had extremely high winds. It picked a 3 ft by 8 ft piece of 1/2 inch plywood up and threw it against our van putting a huge gash in the front passenger fender! I was in the living room and heard a huge crash...when I went outside, the wood was on the top of the van and when I pulled it off, I saw the gash. Not happy about that!!

Cupboards are supposed to be here in 20 minutes, but I am definitely not going to hold my breath! They probably won't show. But, I know four people not using them now because of their delay. The cupboards look good now, but we will see when they get done.

1 comment:

Rachel Chick said...

So good to read your update! I'm tired for you! :) Good luck with the cabinets. That's ridiculous. I hate when business people don't answer their phone. So rude. I miss you and your kids. And good luck to Troy with the coming couple of months. He's going to do amazing and so are you!