The rest of my house is chaos. I didn't realize how much the kitchen was used until I didn't have it. It is truly the heart of our home. I love having it semi-back. I started moving things in yesterday, and I have been working in it all day today. I'm tired tonight.
Kaebryn is sick. I don't know what she has or how to treat it. She is miserable and wants to be held. All day. I get nothing done. The hard part is that she thinks she wants held, but wiggles out of my arms to get down, once down, she cries to be back up. I love this baby of mine, but I have not had a good nights rest since Oregon. I'm ready to sleep! I feel so bad for her...she just is so stuffy. I think it is from the construction, but she truly could have picked up a bug anywhere.
Daeson finished First Grade today! He got straight A's and did very well with everything. He is a bright child and he is a good boy. He is thrilled to turn 7 on Monday!
Tevan is glad school is out as well. He gets so bored during the day...especially lately. I just haven't been able to spend a lot of time with him. But he is a trooper and uses his imagination so well.
I started watching my friend's two boys off and on. Tev loves having friends. It will work out just fine. There is always an adjustment period.
Tomorrow is our combined birthday party. I started their cakes, but that is as far as I got. I need to make fondant and somehow shape the boys cake into a Skylander's portal. It should be interesting. I made a small cake for Kaebryn. I made a Tinkerbell cake for my niece, Tora. It won't take too long to do the others, I just need to get the rest of the kitchen put away and take the time to do it.
It is almost 11:30 p.m. I think I am going to swap laundry out and head to bed. I will get up in the morning, finish the kitchen, make fondant, color fondant, and apply the fondant to the cakes. I am praying they turn out cute. It's a little out of my league. However, challenge is good.
3 comments:
You are one amazing lady! I am so glad that I know YOU!
Oh man! Having your kitchen torn apart IS hard! Way to go! and good luck with the cakes. They will turn out incredible, just like they always do.
The cakes were adorable!!! You did a great job. I had no idea all this stuff was going on. You did great pulling it all together! The birthday party was so fun! AND you did great adjusting to the weather! Thank you for letting us come to your party, sorry we had to leave early! Love you guys!
Post a Comment