Monday, June 25, 2012

Slowing down

I feel like things might finally slow down, although life in general seems to be so quickly passing.

The boys are in swimming lessons last week and this week. They love it. I love to watch them "swim" through the water. They are so excited with everything they learn.

Tevan repeatedly says, "I am so glad I am five." He loves to be five and feels so grown up. We still have issues with his eating habits, but he seems so much older lately. Daeson went to a friends house this afternoon and Tev said, "But if Daeson leaves I will be alone and that means I will be lonely." I told him he could hang out with me and he folded his arms across his chest and said, "Fine! I will just have to be lonely then!" Gosh, I didn't know I was so fun to hang out with! We ended up reading several stories and he liked it.

Daeson is sassy as ever and smart as a whip. He loves to play and has dying for me to let him have friends over. I decided I am not the cool neighborhood mom. I am the do-your-chores-first-and-then-we-will-see-if-you-can-play-mom. Usually it takes them a couple hours to clean their room so they miss out on a lot of play time. I am not sure how their room gets so messy...it's cleaned everyday!

Troy is done with his super-duper-harder-than-ever-Anatomy and Physiology class. He did great and we are all so happy it is over. He is in a theater class and a medical ethics class right now. They seem a breeze compared to last semester and the last summer class. He is working for his brother for a couple of months throwing ice...or stocking the ice coolers. Today was his first day. I think he will do great.

Kaebryn is growing like a weed and continues to eat EVERYTHING! She has been sick, once again. It started last week. She is now getting better and has a runny nose. She started this all about 8 days ago. Yuck! I feel super bad that our little neighbor boy and friend caught it. They were sharing germs through toys! Yucky. But she is doing much better. She is so close to walking and chatters about everything. She loves to cuddle! I love to cuddle her back!

Me? I have stayed plenty busy. I am not exactly sure what I have been doing, but I feel like I have done a lot this summer. I got most of my weeds pulled in the front yard...sunburning my back in the process. Troy said I look like I have a tramp stamp. It is flaming red and it is very sore. I weeded for two hours the other night and my jeans kept slipping down around my hips. I am paying for it every time I move! Tonight I got most of my plants in the garden. I will finish tomorrow morning. I started working out at the gym and I love it. I use a Cybex machine...a type of elliptical. I burned 463 calories in 20 minutes the other day. Love it! Thursday we took the kids to the Drive0In theater. We saw Madagascar 3 and Men in Black 3. They were good...or what I saw, Troy and Daeson were the only ones who made it through both movies. Saturday we went to the Relay for Life cancer walk. It was a lot of fun. Our booth was cupcake making. It didn't go as well as we thought, but it was fun to do. Troy had the kids while I ran the booth.
Saturday I had a yard sale in the morning and in the afternoon, we went to the zoo with the Grover cousins. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a blast. Ryker and Sadie, our SLC cousins, were here. They are so cute. Sunday I made cinnamon rolls and we delivered them. And, ate them! I should not have made a double batch! After getting back from Troy's parents, we had some of our friends over for s'mores. It was fun to roast them!
Today we had swim, went to the nursery to get our plants, visited a local produce store and cleaned the house and did laundry. Tonight I attempted to get all the plants planted, but it got dark awfully early! I have a few more to go. There is a man in our ward who is determined to get me a garden going. He taught me to roto-till and get the soil ready. Nothing that I planted grew so I kinda let it all go to weed. He came over to check on it and was surprised to see it all weedy. I sprayed and he came once again with his tiller. Tonight when I went back to plant, he had already raked and dug trenches for me! He is a sweet man and I would not have planted anything without him! I am grateful.

Well, it is really late and I have to get to bed. I needed to update though. I still need to catch-up on my birthday, my family reunion, father's day and so much more! One day I might get caught up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad that life is starting to slow down for you. Sounds like you all have been having a fun summer. Way to go on a garden! I have grew two in my life- but they are so time consuming. But the food is cheaper and better for us. We just got moved into our new home so I am hoping to plant one next year!:)
You are such a great person! Thanks for being such a great example to me.