Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sore finger

I wish that I could post the picture of my sore finger, but they are on Troy's phone. This is very graphic...beware! Last night I was getting ready to make my orange chicken kiev with jullienned carrots and spinach salad...YUMMY!! As I was pulling my meat mallet out of my very chaotic kitchen drawer that contains knives, spatulas, and the now hated lemon zester, the formentioned zester jumped out and attacked me...or my finger. It chopped the whole pad off all but the tiny piece of skin holding it on. I screamed seeing all the blood guhing everywhere hollering for Troy. He thought I was just being obnoxious so proceeded to change Tevan's diaper. When I didn't stop screaming, he came to the kitchen and saw the mess. He grabbed the first aid kit and wrapped it in gauze, frantically calling neighbors to watch the kids. After trying three different neighbors and getting no responses, he got the kids ready to go. I called my super hero sister-in-law Kayla who was headed down to go Christmas shopping. She said she would be right here. In the mean time, I grabbed a couple of neighbor girls who were out riding their bikes to come watched the boys until she sould get here. Troy rushed me to Dr. Baker's office who was luckily open, and they got me right in. An hour and a half later and six stitches, we got home. Poor Kayla, the one night she gets to come down without her girlies, and she was stuck watching my boys! Sorry, Kayla, but I am sooo glad you were here for me!!! Thanks a million!

2 comments:

K. Lou said...

Oh, poor you! I am glad you don't have pics of your finger. so sad. I'm glad you were able to get it taken care of (kind of) quickly.

Kayla said...

Well I wouldn't go calling me a super hero! (But it does have a nice ring to it. . . ) Like I said, I'm glad I was nearby so that I could start repaying you for all the times you watched my girls these last couple hectic weeks. Thanks so much! But now look what a cool story you have to share with everyone at Thanksgiving! :)