Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cabin

I have been told that my font is VERY small, so I hope this is bigger. Sorry to all of you who had to squint while reading the previous blogs...I had no idea it was this small until I went to my sis-in-law's and saw for myself. My computer enlarges font sizes...something Troy did for eye strain, so it looks huge on my screen. Let me know if this is better.
The third annual Grover cabin retreat...finally some pictures!!! Thank you Kayla!!














Mieley Adalyn Daeson and Ryker having fun in the loft

Adalyn Daeson Mieley and Ryker eating lunch Friday
Adam was so nice to take the kids in the hot tub...Thanks!!
Adalyn and Daeson on the snow machine...Adam told a great story about this!! I guess Adam stopped to help Adalyn (all three were on the same machine) when Daeson reached up and grabbed the gas. Adam about flew off the back and I guess they were going pretty dang fast. Finally they got stopped, and Daeson got a good talkin to. He felt pretty bad, but once we explained why Adam was upset, he was back to his bubbly self. I wished I would have been there to see it...but I am sooo glad no one got hurt!
Daeson and Adalyn on the cave falls ride.
This is the time Troy actually got to do something FUN. The figure at the very bottom is my brave Daeson. I guess he LOVED the snow hill and went down numerous times. It was quite the hill!!!
Okay, do kids get any cuter than this???? If you have your own kids, you are not allowed to reply :). This is Daeson posing for the camera. Thank you to KLA for all the great pics. I have some hot tub ones on my camera of the kids, but those are going to have to wait. I am doing pretty good to get this up!!!
We were supposed to go Thursday, February 5, but Troy's weekend help decided that it is not worth it to him to continue working, so we ended up postponing until Friday. (Thank you Richard and Peggy for taking Daeson with you, and to all of you who helped with him). About 3 pm on Friday we made it to the cabin. Our car, even though it is 4WD, couldn't make it in, so Tevan and I hiked to the cabin in the snow. I am not sure how long it took or how far it was, one guy told me it was 1/2 mi and another told me it was 1/4 mi. But, we made it and Tevan actually enjoyed the walk outside. Adam and Richard went in the pick-up to get Troy and all our stuff. We were there about 45 minutes and Troy had to come back home due to weather and he had to work Saturday morning. So, the kids and I settled in and I worked on dating my pictures...600 of them...so I can scrap them at my mom's. The boys had fun and Tevan fell asleep on the floor down stairs. About 6 we ate Kayla's yummy lasagna and got the kids ready for bed. They played some more and finally went to bed about 9:30. The adults stayed up, Danielle showed us footsie and I worked on my RS lesson, getting input from Toddly and Richard. I decided to hit the hay about 1:00 am. As I was drifting off to sleep, Tevan woke up...SICK. So, not wanting to wake anyone up, I boiled a pot of water (make-shift humidifier), and rocked him with the steam around us. Finally about 4 am, we were able to sleep...a little. I had Daeson at my feet and Tevan in my arms.

Saturday morning I called Troy to let him know Tevan was sick, and he tried to get a nebulizer to bring up after he got done working. No luck. So, after having a very fevered, sad, sick baby I was happy to see Troy arrive. He took Daeson out side to play in the snow and I finally got Tevan to sleep for about a half an hour. Then I bundled him and I up and we hiked up the giant snow hill. He didn't like it much, but I made him go out hoping the fresh, cool air would help his wheezing. He continued to go through the day sick, getting worse all the time. Finally about 1 am we packed everything up (once again thanks for the help) and left for Idaho Falls. We called our fab neighbors and woke them up. They let us borrow a nebulizer (we had the meds from last time he was sick) and gave him a treatment about 3:30 am. We had a rough night sleeping, and 8 am Sunday we were up.

Troy and I got ready to go to the Emergency Care place...RediCare by Mountain View. Dr. Sunshine (I know, huh?) saw him and gave him a steroid shot...dextromethizone? and a neb treatment. He started to improve so after a couple hours we went home. I took a brief nap before I had to teach RS. Richard and Peggy kept Daeson until Monday night for us...THANK YOU!! I was hoping Daeson would steer clear of this croupy stuff, but he started hacking yesterday. I am not sure where they got this, or how, but they did and we are all paying for it now. I am just hoping that tonight I get to sleep in my own bed instead of on Tevan's floor listening to him breathe. SIGH.

Unfortunately we decided this was our last trip to the cabin. Year #1 we left because I couldn't feel Tevan moving in my tummy, Year #2 Troy took Daeson to the ER at 3 am because of ear infections and this year it was Tevan. Plus, we were only there for maybe a full day and a half, and Troy even less than that. So, sad to say it, but we are done cabining for a while. Sorry Grover fam!!! But, this is our decision.

On the lighter side, I got put in as the Girl's Camp Director for 2009. I am stoked! I cannot wait. So, if anyone has fun ideas, please let me know. We are going July 7-10. It is ward camp, so I get to do it all with the YW leaders.

4 comments:

Janet said...

o.k. What a bad trip! So sorry! Somethimes it's just easier to stay home!

Kayla said...

The font's much better now! =)

And you'll come to the cabin again - we have a year to talk you into it! =)

Unknown said...

Sorry for your weekend. Hope the boys are ok now.
Never the less it seems there was also a lot of fun at the cabin.
Next year it will all be ok, you'll see :-)

Love you all!
Linda and Cois

Megan B ♥ said...

Ugh, I hate it when the kids are sick! The font is MUCH MUCH better. And Kayla makes a mean lasagne. Totally jealous :)