Okay, so anyone who has been away from home for more than a couple of weeks knows what I am feeling right now. It has been fun up here, but the boys and I are ready to come home! We will be bringing my mom and she is staying with various family members until July-ish. So, that will be fun to see her more this summer...she will even get to be around for the kid's b-days! I have started packing...never can start too soon...and we will be on our way Thursday. We are excited.
Now, some really great news. My thyroid tests came back okay...normal...so that was a relief. But that same day, my dad put me on a very rigorous diet. It is a 1400 cal diet...and it deals with glycemic indexes. So, I was eating the right foods, just at the wrong times. The bad news?? I am kissing Johnny Carino's goodbye. No more pasta on this diet. But, since I have started that...mixed in with Lipozene supplements (the alli that he suggested was a lot more money, so we went with this) I have lost....assuming my scale and my mom's are the same...13 pounds!!! In just over a week!!!! I know, huh!!! I had no idea that peas and carrots were so high in sugar...so my "healthy" snack was not so healthy. Also, because metabolism can become stagnant, this diet allows you once a week for three hours to "cheat". So, this works out great for me on date night. This diet is found in the book, "What Your Dr. looks Like Naked". So, if any of you are interested, I am sold on this diet. It is the only thing that has worked for me. I also bought "The Firm: Cardio Dance" video. It's a pretty good little workout. So, hopefully when I get back I will continue to lose and continue to be happy. One other sad note, I found out I have an intolerance to chocolate...so no more chocolate for me...at all. But things could be worse. It is so nice to find out what our bodies are trying to tell us!!!
So, we will return to IF on Friday and get back to our crazy schedules. Take care all!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm so glad you had fun. has it been two weeks already?? That book sounds awesome! Good for you!
We look forward to hanging out with you guys again. Hey we could start doing some walking togther outside especially as it gets warmer. Congrats on the weight lose, its a real accomplishment!
Gabe says " I dont know if I want to know what my Doc looks like Naked."
That was a lot of info to take in! I'm glad for you! We need to talk about this! Have a safe trip back and I can't wait to see you!
Congrats on the lost pounds! I'm thinking about MAYBE getting myself motivated... at some point.... relatively soon. PRobably :)
Post a Comment