Saturday, February 6, 2010

My Final Project...

I just finished this wedding cake for my final project. I think it turned out and I am so tickled. It is an original Chubby Hubby Cakes design made with white chocolate cake and a raspberry filling. It is covered in a raspberry butter cream with vanilla fondant. All the decorating is done in royal frosting.







After all is said and done, Amy critiques our cakes. I asked her about mine and she said that fondant comes with practice, but it looked pretty good. She said everything else looked great. I am thrilled with her comments. I joked about putting it on craigslist to cover the cost of supplies which was about $75.00. She looked at me and said, "Jandy, this is a $400.00 cake." So, with the couple of flaws, I am still tickled and I have been smiling for about an hour now. I just wish I could do something useful with it.

I have another cake to make for a birthday. It will be chocolate with whipped frosting and a raspberry filling. I will have to post pics of the finished product.

Please let me know any critique you would like to give. And, you can be harsh if you want. That is the only way I will learn. Thanks for checking it out, and keep Chubby Hubby Cakes in mind for your next event!

7 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

I can't be harsh-- it's beautiful!

Unknown said...

IT IS BEAUTIFUL & looks SO YUMMY!
GOOD JOB JANDY!

Mary said...

So lovly!!!

Anonymous said...

It is B...E...A..UTIFUL!!!!

You did a GREAT job. I would like to put in an order for Sarah's wedding in 37 years!!!

Love you
Candace

Nicole said...

I am glad that we are not living there to tempt me on my strict diet of no fatty foods. My gallbladder has to come out very soon and spent my Sunday evening in th ER looking at gallstones. Your cakes look wonderful!!!!

Kayla said...

You really did a superb job! And I can vouch for it's yumminess!!!!

Susie said...

I WISH you were doing this when I got married! I LOVE IT!! It is very beautiful!