However, for the last few months I have been feeling like change is in the air. Our ward has changed, some of the loved ones have moved out and some great one have moved in. Friends that used to be are no more and new friends have been made. There are only a few things that I do not like about the neighborhood we live in: there are not enough babysitters and there are no boys my kids ages. This really stinks. Daeson is forced to play with girls...dress up and dolls. There is no one Tev's age so when Daeson is invited for a "playdate" Tevan is left at home bawling his eyes out. I am not one of those mom's who makes my kids stick together. I think it is very important for kids to develop their own personalities and friendships. I will not force them, two years different in age, to play together with other friends.
I just feel like I am ready for a drastic change, not just by having a baby. No, I want to add to the chaos by moving. There, I said it. I want to move. We have outgrown our home. We are ready for some land and I would like to live closer to Daeson's school. No matter where we live, Troy has to drive all over for his job, so that would not make a difference. I would give a carpet allowance since ours is trashed and I would have to give an allowance for siding since we never got around to replacing it. Other than that, our house is okay. The basement is finished (other than the bathroom) brand new in the last three years. The bathrooms have3 been torn out and redone in the last four years and the windows and doors are new in the last five years. I need a bigger kitchen. This kitchen is fine for a few people, but when we have gatherings, we do not all fit and we are forced to eat in the garage. I am ready for change. I am ready to make that change before this baby gets here. I am ready for something huge to happen...like a house. Troy fights me on this everytime I mention it, but I am to that point where I just don't care. So, if you happen to see a for sale sign in my yard, there will likely be some angry feeling in my house! But, really, I am ready for a change. Ready for bigger and better things...I am calling it my 7 year itch.
2 comments:
You should post some pictures and your asking price. I might know someone up that way that would want your home. :)
Good luck!!
You're awesome, Jandy! I get feeling the same way every once in while. We've only lived in this house for three and a half years now and it's the longest that I've lived in any one place since I was fifteen. I get the "itch" all the time. I was especially feeling the need for drastic change while in my first trimester with Vi (hence the hair chopping), and then again for about the past 3 months or so. I even called a realtor earlier this week . . . then, for some reason, 3 days ago I felt like this is where we were supposed to stay for the time being. Weird. Right now is a cruddy time for selling, but a fabulous time to buy. You could definitely get a bigger house for a good price. I know, I spent hours and hours this week browsing. :) :)
If Troy says NO. I suggest changing something in the house. I'll help you paint if you want! We could rip out your mirrors, like you've been wanting. :) LOL! Good luck!!
Post a Comment