Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sick and sicker

Two nights ago I came down with a very obnoxious runny nose. Yesterday when I woke up, my head was pounding, my nose was running and I developed a horrible cough. This morning I have all of those symptoms plus a sick husband. It is bad enough that I cannot get caught up on laundry and cleaning, now I have to add to the fire. I have been taking Airborne...one of the greatest supplements in our time if you ask me! But as for other medication, I try to stay away. I don't even take medication when I am not pregnant.

My house is a wreck. I did get two batches of laundry washed, dried, and folded. I managed to unload the clean dishes this morning and load all of the dirty ones from yesterday. My beds remain unmade, the floors unvacuumed, the hermit crabs unkept (I am not even sure they are still living). If someone were to come over, I would either lock the doors and pretend I was not home or open the door looking like crap and welcome them to my very smelly, untidy home. I have not cooked since Sunday. Here it is Thursday. Troy has been really good, but now he is sick so I am sure that will take care of his enthusiasm. It is 8:40 in the morning. Tevan has preschool in 20 minutes. He is still in his pajamas, he has not been fed breakfast and he will probably stay home today, or be VERY late. I am not usually like this. I am usually very on the ball and organized but right now, I do not give a flying monkey's tail. It would be nice to have a long, hot bath filled with Vicks Vapor Rub. It would be nice to heavily medicate myself with TheraFlu or NyQuil and just sleep the entire day. It would be very nice to have my children old enough to take themselves to school and cook their own meals. But, I am a mother. I take care of my husband and my kids even when I am not 100%. I have to. It is my job and my responsibility. It is my duty to my family to hold my pounding head up high, keep my fanny out of bed and get to work. It is now 8:50. We may have tears (from both parties) as I hastily get Tevan ready for school, fed and out the door. But with luck, I will pull it together.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Sorry you guys aren't feeling so hot. Will you please call me if you ever need any help???? Really I'll come get your kids anytime you need me to - you just have to let me know!!!