Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tired and nauseous

So, I know it is a bit early to be posting this, but our family members have been told and my children will probably spill the beans sooner than later, so here is our news: Baby #3 is on its way. How do I feel about this? Well, we decided to try until September. Then two Tuesdays ago, I decided that I wanted to stop and be completely done. The sickness, the tiredness, and the hustle and bustle that we are already experiencing overwhelms me. I am tired now. I don't know what I am going to do in nine months when this little Grover comes.

The funny thing is that it is due in June. Let me give you a quick run down of June...or starting with May 28: Daeson May 28, my niece Brooke and my Late Grandma Great June 5, Me June 8, Kayla June 9, cousin Shailee and Aunt Vicky June 11, Uncle Scott June 12, June 13 my Mom, June 14 this one, June 15 my Grandma Tom, June 16 Uncle Dirk, June 19 Tevan, June 21 my Grandma Lish, Aunt Lynne June 22, June 23 Uncle Kip, June 28 Dad and June 29 Aunt Kristy. I tried to get it to come sooner, but it was not supposed to happen that way I suppose.

I now get to rearrange furniture and bedrooms. I have my eye out for some bunk beds. I found some yesterday that if they are still there tomorrow I will go purchase them. I need to paint, get new carpet, weed out toys, and try to find space. One option is to get rid of the guest room, but I am not ready to do that. I don't get a lot of visitors, but it is nice to give them privacy when I do get them. Also, I do not like that the boys would be downstairs. I like them up with me. So, I think the toy room will dissolve. There were 5 bedrooms when we bought the house, but we turned one of them into an office for Troy. The other is a guest room. Then upstairs we have our master bedroom, the boy's room and the toy room. The toy room will become the boy's room, the boy's room will become the nursery and our room will remain the same. So over the next 7ish months, I need to get the energy to do all of this moving and rearranging. Right now it seems a bit overwhelming, but it will all work out. I guess that is why we have 9 months to prepare. Unfortunately my raised vegetable garden and my pavers will have to wait as will our siding and our hardwood floors and our living room. Our deductible is outrageous. I cannot believe insurance companies!!!! They make you pay a TON during the year, then they cover NOTHING! I hate it. Being self-employed makes it even harder to get good insurance.

So, what are we hoping for? I think we all will be okay with either a boy or a girl, hoping that it is healthy. However, I would really like a boy. We have everything for boys and considering when it is due, I will have the proper sizes and seasons. If it is a girl, we will be equally happy, but it will cost a ton to buy all new stuff. This will likely be our last baby, if I have anything to do with it. Three is plenty for me. So I think it would be silly to purchase things for a girl if it is our last. I would just like a healthy and happy child. That is really what any of us want. God willing.

My cake business is on a slight hold for a while. I have four cakes ordered right now and as long as I feel okay, I will continue taking new orders. After the baby comes, I will completely stop for about 10 months or so. Then I hope I can resume in full swing. This makes me a bit sad. I love doing cakes and I love expressing myself through frosting :). But there is a time and a place, this is not my time I guess. I will keep everyone posted and updated through the BLOG. I go to the Dr on Oct 27 to do an ultrasound. They have to do this because of the previous ectopic pregnancy I had in 2002. They just make sure everything is where it is supposed to be. Until then...

5 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

Oh, Jandy! I'm so so so! excited for you! Don't stress (I know that's a stupid thing to say, but true) let me assure you, whatever you're feeling right now isn't "real". :) After four pregnancies, I've realized a couple of things -- first, the first trimester sucks. You don't feel good, you're tired, and for me, emotionally I feel . . . nuts. Sorry, but it's true. Don't get overwhelmed, just take it a day at a time. Second, having at least three children really helps you to realize how to relax a little bit. Everything doesn't have to be perfect. Everything doesn't have to be planned. You're doing beautifully and everything will work out just fine. Whether you plan away the next seven months or you don't. :)

By the way, I was thinking of taking my girls for a walk this afternoon. Wanna come? Call me. or maybe I'll just be proactive and call you!

Unknown said...

HOORAY! That is so exciting!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you!!!
Congrats!

Love you tons
Candace

Unknown said...

'Hiep hiep hoera' we say in Belgium! We are happy for you and Troy and the Boys. Make it come the 10th of June: my birthday :-)
Lots of love, Linda

Susie said...

I just can't stop smiling!! Your boys are so stinkin' handsome we need more of them around! :0) Congrats!!