Monday, October 25, 2010

Acts of kindness

Tonight my good friend Jen brought us a delicious meal of cheesey broccoli soup and homemade, home-ground wheat bread. It was wonderful...and, get this: homemade. My family got a homemade meal tonight. I was so thankful. We have been eating out a lot because A) nothing sounds good to cook and B) my kitchen makes me want to puke. It is not a messy kitchen, but the smell of food cooking and the idea of cooking food turns my stomach inside out! For those of you who never get sick...I envy the heck out of you. For those of you who do get sick...I feel for you. As we were partaking of this wonderful meal tonight, Daeson asked where we got it. I told him Jen made it and he said, "Jen made all of this for us? That was so nice, Mom." It was nice. It was a wonderful act of kindness. I was able to send Jen home with some goodies, but nothing beats a soup and bread!

This week is going to be extremely busy starting tomorrow. I hope I can muster through it. Tomorrow we have preschool at 9, drop the car off to get detailed (it smells like kids and I cannot stand to be in it), pick my new recliner up at the store, pick Tev up at 11, take Daeson to school at 12, teacher orientation for primary at 1, pick Daeson up at 3, clean my house???, pick car up, pres mtg at 6:30 pm, dinner and bed. I have cakes to do this week and Halloween to get ready for. We love Halloween at our house. We have a great time...I just hope I can pull this year off. I have to get the garage cleaned out, bikes put away, canning stuff packed up and fall decor to find. Wednesday I go to the Doctor, which Jen will be performing another act of service by watching my boys. I normally would take them, but we do an ultrasound to make sure the baby is growing where the baby should be growing. I am hoping everything is fine, but in case it is not, Troy will be with me. He hates going to Dr visits with me, it grosses him out that people would choose the profession of an OB/GYN. So, once again, Jen, thank you. You are a great neighbor and friend. I really appreciate it!

No comments: