Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Allergies or sick?

Last night Troy and I decided to take a break from life and got to dinner and Harry Potter. It was fun and, besides the fact we missed half of the movie due to potty breaks, we enjoyed ourselves. Rule of thumb? NEVER drink six glasses of water and eat Chinese food before a LONG movie. I always get thirsty when I eat Chinese...the people in front of us at the movies probably thought we were going our to get high or something with as many trips as we both made...and the bathroom was across the theater. I almost didn't make it twice!! Anyway, to the point. This morning at about 5:30 Tevan started wheezing and coughing. He woke up to tell me he had ucky coughs. I knew he was not sleeping well, so I got up, filled and plugged in the humidifier, covered him up with his great new snuggie and laid by him for a couple hours. He tossed, turned and coughed. I laid there thinking, "Great, a sick child for the holidays? Really?" But after laying there a bit longer, I started to realize that every time we go to my grandma's (who had a cat) he gets sick. Every time he gets around cats or other furry critters, he gets sick. (with the exception to dogs) Lat night we had some great friends watch the boys. They have rabbits. I think he may be following in Danielle's and my mom's footsteps: allergic to animals. I sure hope not. Benedryl makes my kids and husband go crazy, so I cannot give that to him. I am not sure what it is. I have no idea. Today he seems a bit better, whiny due to the lack of sleep, but better. So, tonight I will see how he does. I hope he is not sick, it is not fun to be sick on the holidays. I feel bad for him. Poor Tevan, it's been a rough time for him lately.

No comments: