Friday, December 3, 2010

Doing it on my own

Well, my mom left yesterday after a week of being here. It was so great to spend time with her. Fortunately there were a few days that I felt good enough to do a little shopping. So, I will back up (mostly for journaling purposes so I don't forget) and share her stay.

Thursday after she got here, we traveled to Rexburg for a small Thanksgiving dinner at Grandma Grover's. There were not a whole lot of us there, but it was great to visit and enjoy each other's company. Troy's uncle married a lady from Inkom who lived right by my mom. So, they got to chat a bit and catch up. After dinner, I started feeling queasy so I kept eating my B-Natal suckers from the doctor and we braved the movie theater. We all enjoyed the movie Tangled but we were forced to sit in the front seats due to lack of seating. I had no idea that many people go to the movie on Thanksgiving!!! The boys loved it and we had a great night.

Friday we took it a bit easy. I didn't feel too well, but there was no where we needed to be. Troy took the boys to Grovers to work on Peggy's wood floor.

Saturday Troy took the boys to his mom and dad's again. Mom and I ventured out in the after noon to do a bit of shopping. This was a nice break to get out, but I still didn't feel super. After dinner, we headed home to lay down. We picked up a couple of names off the angel tree and I decided that we would do this for FHE.

Sunday we had a nice time at church. We were just a few minutes shy for the sacrament, but I was suprised to see us there at all. Primary went well and I was pleased at how well I felt...with the help of Zofran. Later, the story changed and I threw up, threw up, threw up. Warning: Do not eat popcorn before throwing up. It is not pleasant. I laid down after this episode and soon was asleep.

Monday I was determined to feel good. We took the boys shopping for the angel tree stuff and then had dinner at Sizzler. I am glad the salad bar was so stocked with yummy food. I was able to eat a lot of things I have not been able to lately. We filled the order with the exception of a batman toy. We could not find one we liked.

Tuesday Troy headed to his mom's again. This time finishing the floor. Yeah! Tevan went to preschool early at 9, I had Primary presidency meeting at 9 and Daeson had to go to school at 12. We took mom to get her hair cut, went to Jack-in-the-Box for a quick lunch and ran some errands. We got the angel tree boys some boots and coats and finally found a batman. We picked Daeson up at 3:30 and did a bit more shopping. We had tacos for dinner...surprisingly I crave these things! We had our formal FHE and it was great to talk about service and giving. We were able to purchase for two boys: pants, long sleeved shirt, a zipper sweater, boots, a toy, and coats. Mom helped fill the order and we all had a great feeling inside. I am glad that the boys can learn early in life that giving is a necessary part of life on this earth.

Wednesday we dropped and picked up Daeson. We loaded pictures on to the computer and ordered them from Walgreens. Christmas cards are about ready to be sent out!!! We went to the Dollar Tree and got some necessary items to wrap gifts with. We ran to the mall, the boys saw Santa (I did not think he was very jolly though). I was able to get some maternity clothes...already!!! I cannot believe at 12 weeks my body is ready for maternity clothes. I guess with this being my third baby, everything starts a little early! After the mall, we went to our ward party. I felt bad for Judy, she and her husband were in charge. They planned on 96 people being there and there were A LOT more than that! The primary sang and the choir did some beautiful numbers. We also had a piano solo by a guy in our ward who plays the piano beautifully. We were ready to go home by the time this night was over. We were all tired and ready for bed.

Thursday mom got ready to leave. This was sad for me. The boys were sad, too. I worked on Christmas cards to be mailed, we wrapped some gifts and I picked up Daeson from school...almost not making it. I was so queasy that I had to take two Zofran during the day. This is becoming a regular thing to just make it through the day. Troy's truck was a day behind getting to the warehouse, so we cut it close leaving to Pocatello to take mom down. But, we made it by 6:30 and we were at the Golden Corral by 6:33. It was nice to see my brothers and to visit with them. And, once again it was so nice to eat some good food that I had been craving. I recently swore off mashed potatoes, but I chanced it last night and they tasted soooo good. The cantelope and the grapes were good, too. We got home about 9:30 with out mom. She stayed at Justin's and they left this morning to go to Boise where my dad will pick her up.

Friday is here. The day I have been dreading all week. The boys were easy this morning and wanted cereal. They have been eating a lot of cereal lately where I usually only let them have it on Saturday mornings. Tevan has been eating a TON of everything, but mostly applesauce, grilled cheese, mac and cheese and cereal. Daeson is getting a bit more picky with his food choices. I made it through lunch and now I am staring at my treadmill wondering if I get on, will I be able to do a good walk or if half way through I am going to get sick and not be able to go on. I have got to do something to get my blood pumping. I feel like the last nine weeks has been spent on the couch. I have been able to do some great reading, but other than that my body feels neglected. I am getting a bit bigger, faster, than with Tevan. I am trying to stay positive, but if I don't gain 30 pounds like I did with the boys, I am okay with that. I think I would prefer to gain about 15-20 max. I am not trying to loose weight, I just want a healthy pregnancy. I was doing really well on the treadmill when I first found out that I was pregnant, then I got that horrible cold, then I got to sick to do anything. Now, with two pills a day, I should be able to tone this up a bit.

The boys called Grandma this morning and told her they missed her and that they were sad that she was gone. They love their Grandparents! I wish Mom's visit were a bit more fun for here, but I really appreciate all that she did for my family. She ended up washing about 27 batches of laundry in one week! Everything in our house was dirty...sheets, towels, clothes, pajamas...you name it. Troy tried to keep up, but he had so much to do! Thank you, Mom, for coming and doing so much. I really appreciate it and I know my kids and Troy did too. Troy teased me the whole time about not being able to keep up with my mom and she was the one doing everything! Haha. So, today I am doing it all on my own with a bit of help from Troy. He has to work long hours lately because the snow prevents the trucks from being here on the day they are supposed to. I am trying to figure out what to have for dinner, heavens knows we do not need to eat out again!!! I need something easy and non smelly if anyone has a great recipe!!!

A funny thing about Tevan lately: He is always telling me he loves me, but he tells Troy he hates him. Not nice, but it does make me feel like he is still my baby boy. He told me today, "I love you mom and that makes you happy." You are right Tevan, it does make me happy.

No comments: