I have felt okay lately. Last night was a bad night...I was very sick to my stomach, tired, emotional, and kinda blue. I have overwhelming feelings sometimes. I have a lot to do before Christmas, before tax season, before this baby comes and before the summer hits with all of it's demands. One day at a time is what my motto should be, but I am not that personality to do that. I want it done, period. I want to get it off my list and out of my overstressed brain.
This past Saturday we had the Smith Christmas parties. Saturday night my brothers came to my house for a rockin' partay. This was fun to visit and open gifts. I got a really neat picture and some bath soap and lotion from Justin and Hailey. Troy got a neat spot light thing from Jess and Carlie, Daeson received a Star Wars Lego set from Jaxon, and Brooke gave Tevan a Lightening McQueen snuggie. We had good food and happy spirits. Brooke spent the night, that doesn't happen, ever. We had a good time with her. We took her to Primary and sang to her. She even got to sing with the Primary kids in Sacrament Meeting. Everyone knew she was my niece...some even thought she was my daughter. We were glad she got to stay the night with us. We don't get to see them often enough.
Sunday we went to Pocatello to visit. We saw Aunt Virginia and Darrold and Grandma and Grandpa Lish. We had a great visit...but they are never long enough. We were headed to Aunt Lindy and Uncle Ron's, but they live by the ski hill and the roads were not permitting. So, we will visit them soon. At Dee's we had good food and great company. I even got adventurous and tried Uncle Kip's bbqed meat...what kind of animal you ask??? After I ate it, swallowed it, and declared that it was pretty good, they told me it was cougar. Yup, I ate cat. I am not sure how to feel about this...but to be honest, it wasn't bad. We played fun games and had a lot of good laughs when it came to the home videos...I think I was 12 and got a glance of how I acted...I was kinda a brat. I was shocked even at some of the things I said and how I acted. I didn't even know those videos existed. The roads were good and we made it home in good time.
Last night we went to a live nativity. This is always a fun family tradition. I didn't get any pictures...surprised? But we had a great time. We even got to see our old dog, Kai, who is now Tugger. This made Daeson's day. He was on cloud nine. What a great family home evening...or as Tevan calls it "Flamly Home Namename." I love it! I started feeling ill yesterday afternoon and had to take medication all day. I was certainly glad I took it on the way to the nativity as it is held in a real stable. The smell was intense, but the setting was so authentic. It made me realize how amazing and wonderful Mary must have been. What an experience she must have had. I bet Joseph shed some silent tears as well, for how could he take this strong and amazing woman into a stable to give birth to the Son of God? I definitely pictured the stable last night as we sat on straw bales watching this historical event acted out. Moving, just moving.
My Christmas list piles up...neighbor treats are probably not happening this year. Sewing for Christmas Eve is supposed to be happening right now...and the laundry and house work falls behind every day. Sigh...............Oh well. That is all I can say for now. Christmas cards will be mailed today. One thing off the list. Presents are in order and Tevan's Woody doll came in the mail yesterday. Stockings have the items purchased to be stuffed and the bows are all in place.
Tevan plays amazingly well by himself and I enjoy the times that he and Daeson are separated because that means they are not fighting. This happens a lot lately...about everything!!!! I hear, thump...screaming...then the famous phrase, "I'm telling on you!!". Everyday...at least five times we go through this routine. They are angels when they are sleeping and when they are by themselves, but put them together and they fight and bicker about EVERYTHING! Maybe it is the age...maybe it is the fact they have a lot of free time and not enough constructed activities to keep them busy. Who knows? Not event he threat about Santa not coming works. With only 4 days until Christmas, they better be on their best behavior!
No comments:
Post a Comment