Monday, December 13, 2010

Survival

I am surviving...I am actually doing quite well of late. I am taking the max amount of Zofran some days, but some days I do not have to take anything at all. I am officially 14 weeks and this baby is growing...or according to my expanding waistline it is growing. I have taken to the treadmill lately and I love the burn after a couple miles with an incline of six percent with some leg squats thrown in. I forgot how much I like to exercise and I am grateful that I am able to now. I also am able to eat a variety of foods. I still don't do a lot of red meat but chicken and pork seem to taste well. Sweets are still out of the question. I could not even attempt an eggnog milkshake the other night. How sad is that. It is what I crave 10 out of 11 months and now that I can have it, I cannot stomach it. Go figure. However, I am trying to regain my role as a mom and a house keeper. This still makes my stomach turn but I can at least keep up. I am grateful. Troy is grateful. My kids are grateful.

Christmas cards have consumed some time this year. I am behind as I usually have them done by Thanksgiving. I also usually have my shopping done and wrapped by the very latest Thanksgiving. This is still not completed. I have a couple of things to pick up for Troy and the boys need to get something for each other. We have a lot of parties coming up and busy days ahead. The kids and I read a Christmas story every night before Christmas starting Dec. 1. This is a fun tradition that we have done for quite some time. This year we also did the countdown for the Friend. The boys have enjoyed this, although there are some days we have forgotten and had to catch up. Tevan and Daeson are handling the fact they are not allowed to touch the presents under the tree. I thought for sure Tevan would cave, but after the first couple days he didn't even pay attention to them.

We will be posting some fun pictures soon. I promise. We have the nativity, gingerbread houses, my family Christmas party, the Smith family Christmas part, the Harris family Christmas party and a primary activity coming up. I am not sure if Daeson's school does anything for Christmas, but Tevan's preschool always has a fun party. This is always exciting. The kids have a blast.

I cannot believe Christmas is less than two weeks away. Sigh. I haven't done any baking yet and I still haven't prepared anything for friends and neighbors. Peggy leads us every year in homemade chocolate making, but I am not sure it is going to get done this year. I hope so because I love it, but we are quickly running out of time. Merry Christmas!

No comments: