Lately when I feel like I am slacking just a bit, I sing the song "Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel". I love this song. It makes me try a bit harder. In the last week, I have started painting my cupboards in my kitchen, I did some diaper shopping for baby, I helped Troy put the door in the baby's room, marked all my yard sale stuff, and I have kept caught up on laundry. I guess this is the nesting part. I have 43 days left...not a lot of time, but I have changed my attitude a little and decided it was enough. I can be ready and I will be. I just have a few more things to take care of. I need to get the spare room ready for my mom. I need to get Troy's office cleaned and organized, and I have a pile of scrapbooking stuff that needs filed/organized. Then I can thoroughly clean the family room downstairs and be ready. I need to finish the kitchen, but unfortunately pregnant women are not supposed to use paint thinner...so the cupboard doors have to wait. I like the color on the cupboards, and in a few years when we can afford to add on, we will change the whole kitchen. That's another post though.
So when I feel like I am sitting, spinning my wheels and I cannot go anywhere, I sing this song...
"Put your shoulder to the wheel, push along.
Do your duty with a heart full of song,
We all have work, let no one shirk,
Put your shoulder to the wheel!"
1 comment:
Sounds good Jandy!
Post a Comment