Thursday, May 19, 2011

Still here

Yes I am alive, no I have not had my baby. We have been extremely busy around here! I have not, as you can tell, even had time to blog! We have been on field trips, shopping for baby, packing the hospital and diaper bags, school meetings, school volunteering days, more meetings, doctor appointments, and church callings. I have been doing laundry...with only about 25ish days left, I have washed all blankets, onesies, sleepers and newborn size outfits. I have washed towels, bedding, and burpcloths. I am getting ready for this baby...premature? Maybe. But I will be ready.

Today we went to a local dairy for Daeson's field trip. It was windy and busy...and a lot of fun. I had nine kids in my group and three other helpers. It was a great time to see Daeson ride the school bus for the first time ever. It was fun to see him draw animals they found from the scavenger hunt. It was really great to see him enjoy the icecream cone at the end. I am glad I got to go with him. I enjoy things like this. I would take a busy field trip over housecleaning any day!

I went to the Doctor on Tuesday. I had the dreaded strep test. Yuck. I asked if I was going to be checked and he doesn't check until 39 weeks! What??? I was shocked. So I have changed my attitude a little bit: I can do whatever, whenever I want because the doctor didn't tell me not to. Out of town? Sure if there is a hospital. I have no idea when this baby is going to come, so I am going to keep on living. My other pregnancies were so different. My other doctor was so different. My body was so different. So, I will be different and do what I want! :)

We think we may have come up with a name too! Troy is still rolling it around, so as soon as I get the get-go, I will share it. It is one neither of us hate...so that is a start. It came to me today while folding the third batch of laundry.

Nothing too exciting going on. Just trying to stay afloat this crazy, hectic, wonderful life. Atleast the time is flying by to keep my mind off things! Tomorrow is the carnival. I have been stressing about it for months. Also, Tevan's last day of preschool is Tuesday. Daeson's last day of school is next Friday. Then, no more schedule. No more running to and from the school a zillion times. No more crying because Tev doesn't want to go to school. Only trips to the zoo, picnics in the park, and walks to the icee stand down the road. I am so excited for summer to be here. I am excited to have freedom again. School really threw me for a loop. It changed life as I knew it. However, I am grateful Daeson has learned so much. I am glad he is a bright kid. Now if I can get him to WANT to read, we will be sailing through this summer and on to first grade. He can do third grade math, but reading just doesn't interest him! We will change that this summer! I have big plans and high hopes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait for that little lady to be born...I can't wait to find out what her name is. :)
Sounds like life is going well for you!