Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sickness fills the air

Forget about smells of fall, I have completely different smells at my house.

Monday was pretty chilly outside. After lunch Daeson called Troy to tell him he was not feeling well and that he had thrown up on Jada (a girl in his class). It was just her shoe thank heavens! When we asked if he was feeling sick he told us he just threw up because his lungs were cold and he coughed so hard after he ran. So we left him at school but told him to call us if he felt sick again. He never called and the rest of the day acted fine and played fine. Tuesday morning he said he was very tired but wanted to go to school. He didn't have a fever, so I sent him. I help in his class on Tuesdays, so as I sat reading to the kids, I watched him. He was definitely not himself. So I took him home with me. At 3:00 I had an appointment for Kaebryn. When we got there I inquired about flu shots. A little boy in Daeson's class tested positive for H1N1 and missed weeks of school. They took Daeson's temp...104.8 degrees. He was burning up! So hie was not allowed to get a shot.

Tevan, however, was able to and you would have thought we were torturing the poor kid. He wailed so loud the entire office could hear him!!! Then it was all over with.

Now, Kaebryn was the reason we actually went in. She has not felt good for almost three weeks so I took her in. She has an upper respiratory infection and got an antibiotic for it. I also had him look at her head...again. This is an ongoing thing. He is very worried about it. She is 5 mo old and soon her head will be fused together and it will be too late. She will have her deformed head forever. So he set me up an appointment with a Plastic Surgeon. He is very good and he works at Primary Children's. Luckily he comes here a couple of times each week. So on the 18th we see Dr. Morales. He will most likely set her up for a helmet and do some Botox injections in her neck to help her little muscles. After three months of physical therapy and spending a ton of money and time on this Torticollis problem, we are finally getting somewhere. I told the PA that I wanted to get it all taken care of right away since we have met our deductible. I hope to see results! I would hate if she had her deformed head forever!!! I am a bit upset that it took this long to take care of it. I have been in to the Dr four times already and was told just to watch it. I watched it and it did not get better. She turns now, and that is an improvement. I love our Dr and I trust him. He is one of the most requested Drs in our area. I just wish we could have done this earlier!

This morning Kaebryn puked all over me. We are talking everywhere. It was all I could do not to throw up too! We got her cleaned up and I got her to sleep. Tevan and I ran to Sam's and Target and had a call from Troy telling me to get carpet cleaner because she had just pooped all over him and the carpet. I hope she isn't getting the stomach crap on top of the respiratory junk! Poor girlie!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YUCK. I hope that everything and EVERYBODY starts getting better. My nephew had that same thing with his neck and head- He got a helmet and it helped him A TON.

Much love. You're a good Momma!

Rachel Chick said...

Oh, sad! I hope that you all get feeling better soon! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog today. You are wonderful and I miss you guys. We really wanted to be able to make it to church while we were in IF this last weekend, but we were there for my friend who was getting baptized, so it was busy and just didn't happen. Hopefully next time. I love you and, like I said, I hope you are all on the up and up soon! Good luck!