Troy had a hernia repaired last Tuesday and cannot lift anything until this Thursday. My friend Jana watched the kids for me while he was being fixed. We ordered pizza that night and just chilled at home. Cousin Katie came to spend the night with us and we watched a movie with her and her friend who happens to be a boy. It has been hard to take care of things all on my own, but Troy needs to rest. He feels pretty good...just sore.
Wednesday night Dani and Todd stayed with us. It was good to see them and visit. We went to Grovers on Thursday and had a wonderful turkey day. We had great food and great company. Dani and Todd returned to our house on Thursday night and stayed another night.
Friday morning I was up early...not to shop, but with Kaebryn. Troy left about 7 a.m. to shop, he was feeling okay, but returned home empty handed. I headed out about 8:30 a.m. with Kara and went to Michaels and WalMart. I found a ton of stuff at Michaels. WalMart was surprisingly dead. We walked in, spent a couple hours walking around, and made it to the check-out without any problems. The only thing I didn't get was slippers. They had sold out. But I did get everything else. It was a fun break. I got home about 11 and took care of the kids. Dani and Todd had helped with Kaebryn. I spent the day cleaning and making a Christmas countdown with the boys.
Saturday I made apple and blueberry pies, a huge container of yams and got the rest of the house cleaned. We headed to Pocatello and had a huge gathering (refer to pics). Late, about 10:30 p.m. we headed home. The kids were all asleep except Daeson. He was pretending. He rode with my parents. They stayed over and we had a good visit.
Sunday we went to church, but only Sacrament meeting. It was a good meeting. We came home, got the Christmas decor out and put up the tree. The lights gave us issues, but Troy and my parents saved the day with new ones. My mom and dad left about 4:30 p.m. and headed back to Poky. We finished decorating and watched a Christmas show. The kids went to bed and we crashed! I was exhausted!
Yesterday came and went with a blur. I am almost done with laundry, got all the beds changed, cleaned the house, and put the decoration boxes in the garage. I blogged a bit and relaxed a little. The kids have been really good. Today is filled with a very busy schedule. Troy took my place at school helping cause he cannot lift Kaebryn. Our new shower door was installed and I have a Relief Society mtg. My cousin has a basketball game up here at 6 so we are going to that. Tomorrow we have Kaebryn's helmet fitting and then dentist appointments for the boys. Thursday is busy with Troy gone til 10 for school. Friday I am going to try to plan date night and Saturday we have a baptism. What a week. I fear that it will stay this busy until after Christmas! But its great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hernia repair?? ... ;) Thanks again for letting us stay we had a blast! You have a lovely home. Also the french toast breakfast rocked! love ya
Post a Comment