Christmas. Christmas time is quickly approaching. Most have their trees up and decorated. Some have the stockings hanging by the mantle with hopes that St. Nick will come Christmas Eve and leave goodies in there. Some have lights adorning their roof tops and yards. Some may have delivered Christmas goodies and treats to friends and loved one. Some probably have their shopping done, gifts wrapped and delivered. Some are busily shopping for the holiday dinner that some have on Christmas Day. Some have their family pictures taken and Christmas cards addressed and mailed.
I am not some.
Having said that, I do have my tree up and shopping done and gifts wrapped. That is the extent of it. If you came to my house today, you will find laundry folded and ready to be put away. Laundry that needs to be folded. Laundry that needs to be washed. Laundry that needs to be ironed. You will find sheets that need to be put on beds. You will find piles of craigslist items or DI items. You will find totes and trim in the garage waiting to be put away in the appropriate places. You will find my basement a complete disaster because I decided instead of an hour on the treadmill I would rearrange and deep clean my area. Troy was very patient and helpful after moving my craft desk several times and unhooking my computer and printer. Only to redo it a couple of times for me! He is helping with the children too. You will find lunch unmade and dishes that need to be put away from the dishwasher.
Normally I would come to my own defense stating that I am not a messy person. Reasoning that I am a very organized and well managed person. Today, however, I am not coming to my defense. It is a mess. It needs taken care of. So, for the next few hours, I will be doing the tasks that await me. I will shower tonight...around 10 p.m. I will get it done...why? Because finals are next week and I have Troy for today. That's it. Today for the next two weeks!
This week we have dentist appointments, Pampered Chef parties, Papparazzi parties, chocolate making, our ward party in which I am making all six sheet cakes, and Daeson has a trip to the Nutcracker. I am excited for the fun days ahead. Next week we have the Relief Society dinner here...I am in charge of all the decor and set up and the chicken salad with Michelle's help. I am hoping I get this very messy garage cleaned well enough. It is the only place big enough in any of our homes to have a dinner for 50. I also have 13 pairs of pj's to make before Christmas...along with more projects. I need to got to the house I property manage and take care of things over there and get the tax stuff together. There are a couple other things next week but I cannot remember what they are. So, I am off to get busy so that I might be able to become one of those earlier mentioned people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment