Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas has come and gone. Just like that. We had a great day and the boys declared Christmas the best day ever. Kaebryn was tired and just wanted her bed, so I hope next year is better for her :). Daeson got up first, but since I have excellent hearing, I heard him creeping to have a little peak. I don't blame him! It was 6:30 a.m. so I had him lay in bed with Troy while I showered and got ready for the day. At 7:30 we woke everyone up and commenced the present opening ceremony...putting gifts into piles, opening one present at a time youngest to oldest and let's not forget writing everything down. We finished just in time to get ready for church...we were 5 minutes late...but not too shabby for Christmas morning. It was a nice meeting. We got home, cleaned things up and the boys voted to go to Grandma Grover's for breakfast. Every year Troy's Grandma Sarah makes breakfast for the entire family...all of us. There were approximately 35 of us who went. She had hashbrowns, eggs, waffles, ham, juice and orange rolls. We then headed to Troy's parents for more food and more presents. It was a nice day, but I was ready to return home after a huge dinner of veggie tray, fruit and dip, prime rib, twice baked potatoes, and rolls.

Our family was spoiled this year...we are so thankful for everything. The boys loved their Beyblades and Legos, Rock 'em Sock 'em robots and PS3 games. Troy and I were spoiled too with clothes, books, a saw, meat slicer, pizza stone, scrapbook stuff, gift cards and more.

We hope everyone had a merry Christmas. We hope everyone was safe. Now we get to look forward to a brand-new year full of hope and love.

No comments: