I feel as though my kids have been unusually sick this year. Thursday night Tevan was complaining of an earache...I thought it was just the wind from the walk we went on. He didn't complain much after that. We spent Friday pretty low-laying and then went to Pocatello for Jaden's birthday dinner at Sizzler. We mad-dashed home and I went to the new Zac Efron movie, The Lucky One, with Becky, Kara, and Jana. It was okay, but not a movie I would see more than once. Later that night Tevan was really sad, and when I looked in his ear with our trusty ottoscope, his eardrum was bulged to the size of a pencil eraser. I was shocked to see it so infected. Troy ran to Walgreens and picked up his meds, thanks to a late night call to my Dad!. I was able to get some antibiotics in him and he finally got some sleep. I am especially worried because this is the ear we had repaired last year and I really don't want the trauma of the surgery to have been in vain.
The same night, after we finally got Tevan settled, Kaebryn woke up screaming. I could not see her eardrum, she had gunk in her ear, but the only way she would settle down was for me to rock and hum the Lullaby song. Finally around 3 Saturday morning she fell asleep... she slept til 8. Tevan woke up shortly after 4 a.m. throwing up. The rest of the kids were up not too long after that.
Troy went to help a neighbor put up a fence and I went to get our Bountiful Basket, almost spacing it altogether. Our neighbor, Jaimen, came to mow our lawn and then helped Troy sheetrock the garage ceiling. I got the storage/laundry room cleaned and we babysat Jax, my nephew. The kids had a great time playing in the water and dirt. They played on the swing set and later we had a BBQ with the Hoopes family. It was so nice to be with good friends eating good food in good weather! I love that it is April and we have great weather.
I have developed a cold. I don't like colds. My nose is raw and my sinus pressure is out of control! However, we are doing okay. We are surviving and accomplishing much. We stayed home from church Sunday to get better, and it was nice to relax. Peggy, Adam, and Kaden came home from Florida and their luggage was behind them. So we picked up their luggage and headed for a visit. The kids always love when Grandma comes home from a trip because she returns baring gifts! Kaebryn got an Ariel piggy bank and the boys got light-up-bubble-blowing-noise-making-guns. They all loved them...thank you!
Monday. Everyone loves Mondays. I do. It is a new week, a week to try harder. Today I didn't try very hard. We spent the day running errands and accomplishing very little. We first went to the library to return two-days-past movies. Then to the nursery to get some gardening stuff. I picked up red potato starts and strawberries. I got some potting soil and weed killer. The kids saw the parrot and "talked" to him. We then ran home for a second and off the Costa Vida where we enjoyed a salad...we had a coupon BOGO free, and it was only 6 bucks! We went to the cabinet shop and chatted with the cabinet maker/ kitchen designer and then came home briefly. We picked up Daeson and the Turpins from school, fueled up the van, ran the Turpins home, went to the flooring store and back home for a bit. We decided to use our Pizza Hut GC and get dinner...A:Troy had to hurry to get to study group and B: I had been gone all day and didn't get dinner started in time. After arriving at Pizza Hut and waiting ten minutes to be seated, we began to regret our decision. It was 45 minutes before our food even came! Troy was late, the kids were cranky and I was tired of walking the floor with Kaebryn...however, the food was mighty tasty! Thanks for the GC, Mom and Dad, but I think next time we will to carry out! LOL After we got home tonight, the kids bathed and dressed for bed. They watched a 20 minute show while I planted strawberry starts in my pots and then headed to bed. I also planted tomato, zucchini, crookneck, peppers, butternut, acorn, and....something else I cannot remember right now. I will give them a nice start before planting them, but the peas, beets, and radishes I have soaking, will go in the ground this week. I am so excited to do a garden again. Last year everything got neglected due to the new arrival, but this year I am hard-core! I am so excited! My neighbor, Brother Richie, helped me and taught me how to rotto till the ground and helped get the garden ready. It was so sweet and nice of him and we are truly grateful.
Cabinet shop, eh? Yes. We went to a cabinet shop. We are not moving, as Troy talked me out of it...that's another story, but we decided to re-do the kitchen so that when we do sell in a couple years, the house will be nice. Right now my kitchen is falling apart. Not one drawer works properly and the lazy-susans are completely breaking. The paint is chipping and we need to do something! Aside the downstairs bathroom, our house has been (or will be with the kitchen) completely remodeled. We sold our car, another story, and are using that money...which means I am on a budget. It is hard to have everything while on a budget! I had to cut some things, but we will be able to add them later, I hope.
So for now, the kids are in bed. It is late and I am tired. I am looking at the pile of things on my desk...I should get it done. I should get something worth while done today, besides gardening. It is more fun than work anyway! I have one batch of laundry left, and I think my desk can wait. Atleast until tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment