Saturday, April 14, 2012

Turmoil

There are some deep feelings inside of me regarding my family situation. I have been lucky enough to be a stay-at-home-mom for the last seven years. I didn't always love it, and there were times I would have chosen work over being with my children. However, being sick while pregnant with Kaebryn and not being able to do anything made me appreciate my situation. I have loved being with my kids. I have grown to love the idea of staying home for the years to come.

I have always been a person of deep conviction. If I decide to do something, I am going to do it. I have always been sure of where my life was going. I always knew I was going to marry in the temple a return missionary and when I met Troy, I knew it was him. I knew when I got accepted into Rick's College (now BYU-I) that is where I was to be. I knew that when I decided to start my family, I would do just that. I knew when each of my children were "supposed" to come. I plan things out...I had Easter done in January! I am a planner by nature. I am a organized, almost to a negative point, person and like things to be just so.

One thing I was not planning on was going back to work. Troy is in school full time and as I have mentioned before, he has a rigorous schedule. We are faced with two options right now. We are faced with selling our home...the only home my children have ever known. The place I have lived longer than anywhere else my entire life. This is my home. This is where I am comfortable. This is where I can create, love, teach, comfort, and be myself. I love my home. The other option is for me to work full time, leaving my children here with a sitter this summer and then full tme daycare this fall. I have never left my children in daycare, and quite honestly, I am terrified. I ran a daycare and I loved the children I watched, but I also know that I could have done a better job and that I wasn't their mom. I don't want Kaebryn to take her first steps while someone else is tending her. I don't want to miss the first time my kids flip on the trampoline. I don't want to be gone when they are cuddled up together, loving each other. I just don't want to miss out on them growing up. This is so important to me.

Troy doesn't want to sell. Troy wants to ride things out a little bit and see where they go, but I am a planner. I cannot "ride things out". I need to know what to do now. I love my neighborhood and we know and are friends with most of the people here. I am just sick over this decision. It is one I don't feel like we should wait too long. I want Troy to get through with school and to do well while he is taking his classes. I don't want to attain a ton of student loans. I know I cannot have it all. I know that is not possible. However, I wish I held the answer in my hands. I wish I knew what to do. I decided last week we were putting our home on the market, but then the master bathroom started leaking. So, now we have to fix that. We need to finish the bathroom downstairs and finish trim in the boy's bedroom. We also need to paint the kitchen and get it looking better. It is the only room that has not been remodeled. So there are things we need to do, but by August I want to be able to put it on the market and see what happens. I guess when things are meant to be, they happen...but we have to put forth the effort to make it possible.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds stressful.

Just pray and the Lord will help you. I don't know what else to say.

Rachel Chick said...

Oh, Jandy. I can relate a little with your fear. It is so hard to not know what to do. Be still, Jandy. The Lord speaks. I know He does.

My one suggestion: do whatever it takes for your family to be together. I know it may sound complicated, but nothing else matters. Not in the end. Maybe a gracious God sent along those lessons that you needed to know - about how deeply important your role as a mother is - how much joy there is to be found in it - for just such a day as this.

I know just how heart-wrenching it can be to think of leaving your home . . . but if you are together, what else matters, Jandy? Remember? You told me the same thing not so long ago. :)

I love you. I wish it wasn't midnight and I could just call you.

I can tell you what I think - to high heaven - but in the end, what do I know? But He knows. And he will tell you. Calm your mind. Pray and read the scriptures. He can give you answers and peace.

Heidi Anna said...

Aw Jandy I am so sorry to hear this! I will pray for you guys so much. I would listen to Troy and let it ride out a little bit, even though i know how hard it is to let that happen. I had jeep problems the other month and i was so upset and scared and someone told me to just trust in my husband, i didnt want to and it was terribly hard, but i did and he fixed it all just fine. Its hard when u want thing set in stone or to take responsibility for them and make sure they happen, sometimes i decided you just cant. You definately cant stop being you, so dont even try, but see if troys way works :) cause i know how much u guys love your home. Love you guys im hoping for the best!