It is 2:00 a.m. right now and I am waiting for my peaches to finish bathing. The original plan was to do them at 6 in the morning tomorrow, but I thought, "Hey, why not get a head start?" Unfortunately they are taking A LOT longer than I thought. I had to blanch, peel, cut, fill the jars, wipe the jars and then steam bath them. WHEW! But, I guessed pretty good on the peach count for the batch. I had a couple left over that I thoroughly enjoyed with some cottage cheese. YUMMY!!! So, in about 30 minutes I will be able to crawl...and I mean craw...into bed for about 4 hours of sleep. I tried to recruit some help with this plethora of peaches, but no takers. I have 3 bushel of peaches...some have already gone bad...to do and 115 pounds of pears. What was I thinking????? I think I was thinking that I want some yummy fruit this fall...and I think peaches and pears will be delicious! So, no pain no gain...Right? I actually I enjoy it. I get to stand over the sink peeling and thinking about life. I do a lot of my pondering while I can. We picked apples last night, so I get to do some more applesauce and apple pie filling this week too. It should be easy enough. Troy should be able to help with the kids so I can fly through them!!!
Tomorrow we get an additional driveway poured to accommodate our trucks for Troy's deliveries. We have hired our neighbor and he will run the Blackfoot-Shelley-West Idaho Falls route. I hope it works out. Troy went to Boise this last weekend to buy a new truck. He is excited that the business is expanding and I am excited he didn't try to do it all on his own. He is now also delivering Steve and Harry's coffee and soon Dutch Boy cookies. He has big plans and I am thankful he is so driven so I can be home with my babies. He is so good to us...he does everything he can to make us happy. What a guy!!
The kids are doing well. Tevan is still figuring out how to walk. He has it down...but he gets lazy and falls to his knees and crawls. He is trying so hard to be like Daeson. Daeson is trying so hard to get away from him :). Actually, they really get along most of the time and I can get some things done during the day.
Oh, and a BIG congrats to my sis-in-law, DaniDell, she and Todd are expecting a baby in April!! Hooray for them...I get two new nieces and/or nephews this spring. Come in Kayla...your turn!!!!!!! Just kidding! Congrats to Todd and Dani and Jesse and Carlie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOL, I read the first sentence and it said, "It's 2 in the morning and I, Jandy Lou, have completely lost my mind." HA HA HA! Way to go with the peaches and pears! That's so impressively domestic!
What?!? Dani's pregnant? I didn't know that!!! Okay, just kidding, I did know - she told me a month or so before since she felt bad she wasn't running with me anymore. Silly girl. And I tried to call you FOUR times yesterday to see if you wanted help canning. I promise! You never answered though - your house phone or cell phone. I think you were ignoring me. ;)
All these babies coming - it's crazy. I'll have FIVE new babies in my family soon. Crazy, crazy, crazy!
Uuuggg....peaches! I read you blog then 6 days later, guess what....I received more peaches then any family will ever need. I was wondering if you have a recipe for peach jam you would want to share? My email is krisheln@msn.com
Post a Comment