Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Shh, it's a suprise!

It is 11:30 p.m. and I just finished painting my front door a very pretty sage green and my bathroom trim a orange-rusty-peachy color. Troy was asleep when I returned from Home Depot, so he will have a suprise when he wakes up T 3 a.m. for work. Tomorrow is his birthday, so I wanted to suprise him. I just hope he likes it.
So, Troy turnes the big 3-0 tomorrow. We were supposed to go out to his parents' for cake and icecream, but who knows what we are doing now. He doesn't know if he wants to do that. So, Friday his mom and dad are taking him shooting...they shoot clay pigeons up on the dry farms. Then they are coming to IF for dinner. Troy picked Carino's, so that is where we will go. Maybe we will have cake and icecream then. ??? I just hope he has a suprisingly great birthday...ya know 3-0 can be pretty discouraging. Me? I am not that far behind him!!!
I have a post saved that I need to finish...one day I will actually get to it. It has pictures, too. :) I am really tired, but I cannot shut the front door yet. I am afraid the paint will stick to the weather stripping. So, I am sitting in my front room...which looks like an office...wishing I could hit the hay. Oh, BTW, I bought Troy a shed for his birthday. He and his dad worked on it today. I am very excited for it...maybe this winter we can park the car and the van in the garage!!! That will be nice. I have an awful mouse in that there garage. YUCK!! I saw it run by my foot a few days ago. It will be nice to have all the tools etc. in the shed so that we can keep the garage much tidier. So, I guess you could say that I was a bit selfish when I picked out the shed. But in my defense, he has wanted one for a few years and just won't spend the money. So I made the executive decision and bought him one. We are also getting one side of our vinyl fence in the next week. It will be so nice. I am excited aboout all the projects. There are still plenty more, but it is nice to get the little things out of the way.
I will get that other post finished. Maybe. For now, this is what is going to be posted. Good night to all of you still awake and sweet dreams to those sleeping.

4 comments:

Janet said...

What a good wife you are-hope he appreciates all your efforts! Happy birthday to Troy! Have a good one. Jandy - let's not turn 30! 28 forever would be just great!

Mandi Ward said...

Hey Jandy,
Have you heard about the class reunion. It is on Oct 4th. It is a saturday and it is going to be at Brad Horsleys parents cabin up at the Malad Summit. I think it starts at 3pm. You should be getting a flyer in the mail in the next few days. Brad is slow getting it put together. He has asked me to find out who is coming and give out food assignments. Let me know if you are coming and if you would be willing to bring a salad or a dessert. Thanks Mandi

Kayla said...

Yeah - I'm so excited for Carino's tomorrow! ;)

Kayla said...

Oh and to see your door and trim tomorrow too!