I had the opportunity to go team teaching with the sisters tonight. Hats off to them!! They are teaching new member discussions to a sweet little boy Frankie who is 10. He is such a high spirited child whom I instantly fell in love with. The reason for the hats off? Frankie is deaf and in a couple weeks these sisters have learned enough sign language to teach him. They have worked so hard at it and they have done an amazing job!!! To be honest, I was grumbling about going with them, but how grateful I am for the amazing opportunity! Thank you, Sister Speidel and Sister White for allowing me to go with you and meet some pretty amazing people.
My heart is full tonight. I KNOW the restored gospel is TRUE. I KNOW that families can be together forever and return with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I KNOW HE LIVES and HE LOVES EACH OF US. HE KNOWS US. HE DIED FOR US. I KNOW that Joseph Smith was a Prophet and that he was the mouthpiece of God. I KNOW that President Monson is the Prophet today. I know he receives revelation and instructions form God. I also know that without the Gospel, I would have no hope. How grateful I am for this knowledge. How grateful I am for a loving husband who supports me and our family. How grateful I am for my WONDERFUL children...and for my Heavenly Father to trust me to take care for these little spirits. I am thankful for prayer and the knowledge I have that HE does hear and listen to our every conversation we have. He is there for us always. I know the Book of Mormon is true...it has soooo many things we can learn from it. I pray that I will live righteously so that my family might be eternal. How grateful I am for my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I hope that I never take it for granted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment