Okay. I know for some of you my training updates are so NOT interesting, but I am posting them mostly for my own good...but for those of you who feel a little tug, these are also for YOU. Now, I ran a 5K a couple of years ago and that is where I left my exercising...at the finish line. After two kids and some very bad eating habits, my weight has spiraled out of control. There are two reasons I am running this half marathon on June 13. Reason 1: I want another baby, but my health is not so hot right now and I have to get it under control. Point blank. Reason two: I made a goal after my 5K that I would run a half marathon before I was 30. Well, this June I turn 29...and next June I am hoping to be very pregnant. So, that is where I stand.
I have changed a lot of things in my lifestyle...what I eat, exercising, and just trying to stay motivated. I must admit that Peggy made some very yummy cookies last night, so I had a couple...or maybe like four. And for dinner I made Navajo Tacos...and the fry bread probably wasn't the smartest choice, but I have to have a treat once in a while. On that note, I start the hard-core training again today. Yesterday was my slack day...and I must admit I exercised all week last week...Monday thru Saturday. I am still tired, and I have even been sore, but I must continiue. I am only ot the point that I can run just over a mile at a fair spped and incline...only 12 left. But, if I can add-on a mile every week, then I will hit my 13 mile marker and I will do just great. I have called Kayla my marathon-running-sister-in-law several times for tips and advice. She has helped so much...ThAnk YoU!! I have broadened my exercises...yoga, pilates, the Wii Fit and Yourself fittness on the XBox. I also rely on my trusty-well-abused-clothes hanging-child playing treadmill. I love that thing!! So, this week continues...as does the training! And the DIETING. Thank goodness for Weight Watchers treats!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't know if I've helped you out at all - it's you that has to do all the HARD work - and I'll need you to get my lazy butt back into gear after my baby comes!
Post a Comment