Yesterday in Sunday school we talked for a brief moment on being accountable. I was excited to be in Sunday school finally and was itching to share. Remember, I have been in Primary for a while now and was released on June 19. The question was, "what if we were held accountable for everything we did?" We know that we are accountable for what we do, it spells that out for us in both the Book of Mormon and the Bible. However, what would we change in our lives if we actively acted as if we were held accountable at the time of our action? My thoughts and comments were something like this, "When I am on a diet and counting calories, I write everything down. I usually eat a lot better. I think twice before eating the third piece of cake, the licorice or whatever morsel I am tempted with. So with our actions, if we are mindful of what we are doing or how we are acting, maybe we would act better. Maybe we would be more apt to attend the temple, read our scriptures better or say our prayers more often. Maybe we would act differently. I know when I am being held accountable for what I eat, I eat better. Now I need to remember that I am accountable for my actions."
I need to think twice before making rude comments or judging people. I need to remember to act like a Christian and not just proclaim to be one. I am grateful I was able to attend church yesterday. It filled a void. It boosted my morale. I have missed Sunday school and Relief Society. I have missed the feeling of the spirit that comes with those meetings. However, my heart was tugged at to hear the Primary children belting out, "called to serve him, Heavenly King of glory, Chosen heirs to witness for his name..." I loved those kids and I am grateful for the time I had to serve, but I am so happy to be in my other classes, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment