Tuesday, July 19, 2011

our weekend

We left Friday afternoon, stopped to pick up my niece in Pocatello and headed to Boise. We got there around six. We walked around the hotel and let the kids play on the grass. We then went to Perkins for a strawberry cheesecake pie...yummy. Mom, Dad, and Daeson got there about 9:15 p.m. and we were glad to see them. After visiting and Daeson's gift giving, we all turned in for the night. Daeson and I stayed up flipping through muted television until Kaebryn fell asleep. It was not as bad as most nights, she was asleep just before one.

The next morning the kids were up early. They watched tv for a bit and then headed to the pool at 8 a.m. They had fun. Tevan and Brooke hung out in the shallow end and loved it. Troy taught Daeson how to do the back float. They swam for a bit and then we headed back to the rooms to get ready. There was a Perkins in our parking lot, so we ate breakfast there. I had the strawberry stuffed french toast and it was delicious! We made our way over to Cabella's for an animal tour. The kids watched the fish feeding. They thought that was cool, I thought it was a little morbid...they fed them real goldfish. After a couple hours in Cabella's we headed to the outlet mall. I must say I was disappointed in this venture. Usually I can get really great deals on the kids' school clothes, but not this time. Daeson's jeans were $17 and Tevan's were $15. I know they are good quality so I bought Tevan one pair and Daeson three pairs. I bought Kaebryn a shirt, onesie and a little dress for next spring. I was, however, expecting better prices! Last yr I got their pants for $8 and $11.

We headed home after the outlets by way of Twin Falls. We stopped at the mall and walked around to stretch our legs. Kaebryn was hot and tired of riding in the car. We then ate at Sushi Ya. It was good, but Kaebryn fussed the entire time, people were staring and I decided to leave my delicious sushi and take her to the car. My mood was not so happy. Between Tevan's fits that he threw the entire time and Kaebryn's fussiness, I was so tired. We then traveled to Shoshone Falls. It was very pretty and I am glad we stopped. We were just minutes from Susie, a friend that I had not seen in years, and decided to pay her a visit. It was so great to see her. It was fun to see her six-month-old. Her other kids were in bed, they had a long day, but Susie was so sweet to let us stop and let the kids play for a moment before getting back into the car. I had to stop in Pocatello to drop some things off to my brother and then about 12:30 a.m. we pulled into the drive way. I was getting very tired and was just glad I could drive home safely.

It was a fun trip and I am glad we made it. It was great to see Daeson and to hear all about his fun time with Grandma and Grandpa. It has been an adjustment to say the least having him back, but we will make it work. Three kids is a lot of work. It didn't take Daeson and Tevan long to start up the arguing and fighting. But they are a bit more appreciative of each other I think.

Sunday we got up early, our church has been changed from 11 to 9:30. Whew, that is tricky! But it was nice to be on Relief Society and Sunday School. Troy attended all three meetings today and that was great. I loved sitting next to him in Sacrament meeting and Sunday School. We met with the Bishop after and there is some fun things to lie ahead I am sure. Pictures are to come...right now I am headed for my Doctor's apt. She is six weeks already! Wow! Time flies and babies grow too quickly!

1 comment:

Susie said...

JANDY LOU IT WAS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU TOO!! IT HAD BEEN WAY WAY TOO LONG SINCE WE GOT TOGETHER!! HOPE TO SEE YA AGAIN SOON!!!