Monday, June 27, 2011

Family update

You know that song that says, "I'm still alive but I'm barely breathin"? That is what life has kinda been like the last couple weeks. Although Daeson is gone with my mom and dad, it has been very crazy around here. I am trying to keep up the housework, grocery shopping, laundry, cooking, visitors, and feeding the little munch mouth, but I seem to fall short. I forgot how much work babies are. Tomorrow Kaebryn will be 3 weeks...which means she does not sleep all the time. In fact lately she has been awake more than not. Especially about 4:30 in the morning when I try to get her back to sleep but she doesn't sleep until about 6:30! I am tired. But she is so sweet and adorable. There are things you give up as a mom...sleep, privacy, and organization. However, seeing her smile and watching her learn and grow makes it all worth it. I have taken a zillion pictures, but it will have to wait a bit to get posted!

Tevan is learning how to be big brother. He is doing so great with it. He is a sweet boy.

Daeson is having a blast. He does not want to come home and he is enjoying himself and his little vacation. I am glad he is having fun, but we miss the little guy!

Troy is doing great and getting ready to go back to school. This will be a big change for us as we are not sure how it will all pan out.

I do have a funny story to tell. Daeson and my dad were out looking at the horses. My dad's stud horse is in a separate corral than the rest for obvious reasons. Daeson came running up to my dad and said,"Grandpa, there is something wrong with SweetPea (a mare). Come here and I will show you!" So Dad followed him over to the horse. Daeson said,"Something's wrong, she's growing a fifth leg!" Dad looked at him and said, "That's Dude, Bud. He's the stud horse." Daeson said he wasn't sure why my dad was laughing, but he then realized it was a boy horse and not a girl. I guess one thing about being on a farm is that you get to witness the facts of life!

No comments: