Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentine's Day

The newspaper interviewed the first graders about Valenitne's Day...here is what they had to say and published in the paper:

Interviewer: What is Valentine's Day?
Daeson: It's a day all about love.
Interviewer: Do you love anyone?
Daeson: I have 32 girlfriends. They like me and I like them. Sometimes I just go walking by and they go "Oh, he's hot".
Interviewer: Does your mom know you're a ladies man?
Daeson: I keep it top secret. She just doesn't want me to have girlfriends.
Interviewer: Will you give the girls you love a Valentine's Day gift?
Daeson: Some cards will say 'I like you.' I like my friends, they're like my pals abd they've always been by my side, so I'm going to give them a present so they will kind of be by my side.

"Keegan"
Interviewer: What does love feel like?
Keegan: It actually feels pretty good. You actually feel something in your heart that makes you feel good.

Good job, Keegan. Well said.

"Jordyn"
Interviewer: What does it mean to be in love?
Jordyn: Uh...a hug?
Interviewer: Dou you love anyone?
Jordyn: Well, a boy in my class loves me. I like him but I don't love him. Love means that you love-love them.

Guess who she is talking about? Yup, Daeson.

"Isabelle"
Interviewer: Do you love anyone?
Isabelle: There's two. I'm going to make them some cards, like five or six.
Interviewer: What does it feel like to love someone?
Isabelle: It feels awkward because I have to sneak up on them and it's hard because they always notice.
Interviewer: Why do you love them?
Isabelle: They are hilarious and funny. I just love them.

Once again, one of the boys mentioned is Daeson.

This was so funny! His teacher said the interview was longer and the reporter had a hard time keeping a straight face. Daeson thinks he loves everyone, but atleast he mentioned that I don't condone it!

Some of the girls he "loves"...Jordyn, Rachel (who allegedly 'broke-up' with him at church on Sunday), Isabelle, Tayla(from Kindergarten), Ashtyn (from kindergarten), Avery, Abby H (from Kindergarten), Aubrey (from kindergarten), and Sherlyn...he will have to finish the list for me!

*so I asked him and he said he doesn't know all their names. I think 32 is a little far fetched! LOL

3 comments:

Kayla said...

He totally is a crack up! I'm still laughing about his comments.

Katie said...

Haha. Oh no. What are you going to do with him when he gets older? ;) This is so funny...I read it to Nick and Jenni and then posted it on my facebook page.

Alli E. said...

Too cute!!