I never thought I would be one of those moms who forgets which child did what, but I seem to suffer from Momnesia. Tevan is growing so quickly and Daeson is smart as can be.
At seven months Tevan was happy just to be laying around. At about eight months he started to sit up by himself. That made him quite happy that I didn't have to lift him everytime he went from sitting to laying. It seems as though eight months is when babies really start to get easier. Tevan started going to Troy more at eight months and seemed to start the road to independence. Now that he is nine months, he is eating pretty much what I eat...only cut up really, really small... and he is cutting his first two teeth. The left bottom is through and the right bottom is starting to cut. He has learned to crawl and can now go from one side of the room to the other without fussing or falling on his belly. He certainly lets me know when he is hungry and when he is tired. He is a good baby and has been so, so fun. He has learned to deal with the pain of chronic ear infections and the other sicknesses he has had to endure. He waves and smiles. His cute little near toothless grin melts my heart and he is so precious.
Daeson...where do I start? First ,we just got back from a local horse/cowboy store. Our trip started out as a trip to the book store so I could start one of the Jeanette Oke series, but they didn't have it. So we tried to go to the scrapbook store, but it is Good Friday and they were closed. I told Daeson it was time to go home, but he insisted that we went to the cowboy store. They have huge horse in the store with a saddle and bridle that he likes to sit on. He talked the lady's ear off. She asked him if he has a hat, and he said it was too small. So she was a dear and found a hat his size...informing me that it was the last one his size. Then she asked if he had a lariat. Of course not...so she, so sweetly, got a little lariat and again informed me it was the last one. Now, do you think I got Daeson out of that store???? Most certainly not without the hat AND lariat. The stinker. So now he has both and I refuse to take him into that store the rest of our trip.
The other day, I think it must have been Wednesday, Grandma Cindy was trying to find a website that Daeosn would like. So she asked Daeson how to find Elmo. This was his reply the best I can remember. "Dramma, first you doe up der and click. Then you do dis (as he is pretending to type on the keyboard) and da webtite is Elmo dot tom." My mom came out and asked if it was Elmo dot com and I told her no. She said, "Oh, that is what Daeson just told me." He is so smart and he is only two!!!! I cannot believe that he is so able to catch onto every thing. What a character. DOT TOM???? LOL
Last night at the dinner table, he put corn in his ears. Yes, he stuffed little kernels of corn in his ears and then complained that it was hot. DUH!! Grandma got out her tweezers and "caught" the kernel. I have no idea where they get this. Grandpa took him outside after dinner to feed. Daeson had his Duckie boots...three sizes too big...on and decided to find every puddle on the farm. He came in head to toe covered with mud-clay-crap all over him. It was quite the site. He had a great time though and that is what it is all about!!!
Last night as we were eating dinner, we were watching deer jump the fence and cross the road. There were four of them. Daeson thought it was really neat, as did all of us. What beautiful land we live in. I have never seen prettier wildlife than up here. It makes Yellowstone look deserted as far as animals go. On the drive up here, just about Riggins, we saw 50 or more elk grazing. We saw phesant, quail, deer, and coyotes. It is so pretty up here. This is what makes me stop and re-evaluate life. We so often take for granted what we have. I am thankful for a husband who lets us come up here for weeks at a time and enjoy the scenery. Louie Armstrong said it best when he said, "What a beautiful world." We do have a beautiful world. It saddens me that people throw trash on the ground, or flick their cigarettes anywhere they please...or dirty our air with the second hand smoke...it bothers me that people are only for themselves not thinking what our children will grow up with. I worry what kind of a world that will be. I don't mean to stand on a soapbox, but I was in a thoughtful mode. We are having a fun time up here, missing Troy, but having fun. I am sure he is having fun too...who wouldn't without wife and kids. No nagging, no diapers, no one bossing hom around. What a life he gets right now!!! Lucky us though to be up here with not a whole lot of worries!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like you're having fun. . . .you deserve it!!! Have you been running??? :)
NOOOOO!!! The weather sucks up here...snow and below freezing. AND I am eating like CRAP!!!! I am not doing very good with it!!!! YYUCK!! But I hear you might be going with Peggy...fun for you!!! How is your running going? You are probably up to 6-7 mi now??? Or more???? You are so dedicated!!!!!
Post a Comment