First of all, happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. I hope your day was filled with laughter, smiles, and cake...or atleast some chocolate.
Second, I would like to write a little something about my mom. My mom is really great. She is there for me when I need her, she listens to my daily meltdowns and she loves my children more than words can say. I know that if I need something, she will help me in the best way that she could. She sits through the phone calls from Daeson and excitedly listens to every word he says. She can even understand him almost better than I can. She is a great mom and I am thankful that I get to have her as MY MOM.
Third, I would like to write a little something about...bumbumbum...the MOTHER IN LAW!! Actually, I really like her. Peggy. She is a great mother-in-law, and I used to not know how fortunate I am to have her. Because my mom lives so far away, it is hard to manage my kids sometimes by myself. She is there to help me. At first, it was hard because I didn't want anyone to replace my mom. Then I realized that she wasn't ever trying to replace my mom, she was just trying to love me the way she knew. She really is a great person and I am very lucky to have a mother-in-law who is there for me...not taking place of my mom, but loving me the same.
Now, I would like to reflect on today's events. I am not sure if I am ungrateful, moody, or just throwing a fit, but I need to write things down. I am not sure how it will all come out.
I guess it all started yesterday. My sister-in-law, Heidi, is back from Florida and I volunteered to pick her up in Malad...her friend drove her from SLC to Malad. I was excited because I used to live in Malad...I know, I know...and wanted to visit a special family I know. So I packed up the kids, put in a movie, and left frantically. I didn't know how t he trip would go...two hours is a long drive with an almost three and almost one year old. Tevan does meet the weight requirement for forward facing, but he is not quite one...only a month away. So, I cheated. For the first time in his little life he rode forward. WHAT A GREAT THING!!! I was so excited that he could see me, I could see him, and he ate apple slices and a quesadilla. He was quite content.
I ended up picking up my littlest brother in Chubbuck to take him with me. He had to go down and it was great to have the company. He is so, so great with my kids. Ladies, he is available!!! He is such a great kid and I love him.
I picked Heidi up at the BK off the exit. That was so wierd. I hadn't been to Malad since my mom and dad moved. I drove to town heading to Heather's. It was so great to see all of them. Well, I only got to see Annette, Heather, and Natalie and Garrett's little boy, Mikey. Daeson had a blast playing with him. I had a great time visiting and catching up. On the way back into town, we drove past my old house. It was the hardest thing I have done in a long time. That is when I decided that I am angry. Yes, there, I said it. I am so angry that my parents moved. I am not angry that he found a better job...he actually gets paid at this one...but I am angry that they are not there anymore. I am angry that I don't get to drive two hours away and see them. I am angry that they miss everything... birthdays, blessings, Mother and Father's Day. I know that is is good for them and I should be happy, but it is so hard. My brothers and I are not close, my grandparents stay busy, and so it is just me. Just me here in Idaho Falls. I know it is hard for my mom to be away. I know that she might read this, and it will make her sad. But, I miss her so stinking much. It hurts. So for all you people out there who live close to your moms and complain, shame on you. You don't know what you've got till it's gone.
Back to the trip...after our visit, we stopped at the Malad Drive In. HOLY SLOW!!! It took us almost 40 minutes to get our food...then she told us that they didn't take debit cards. Great...I never have cash and I never carry my checkbook with me. I had to drive to an ATM to pull cash out. My kids were starving and I wasn't too excited that after we got back we still waited. But, the fresh strawberry shake was delicious. We stopped in Inkom to bath the kids and wish my grandma a Happy Mother's Day with some gerbera daisies. Then a quick stop in Chubbuck to see my other grandma and wish her a happy day...yup, with gerbera daisies. Finally back on the road to IF. I thought my kids would fall asleep being after 8 pm, but that didn't happen. Tevan cried and Daeson whined. After an hour of it, I was ready to pull my hair out. When I got home, Troy left to go to the movies leaving me to take care of the kids by my self. Tevan was easy, I nursed him and he fell straight to sleep. Daeson on the other hand was up until 11:30 pm. I could not get him to sleep at all. Finally he dozed off. I decided the house could wait and that I was going to bed.
Now to this morning. Daeson woke up at 7:30 and I was glad that Troy got out of bed. I wasn't asleep, but I stayed in bed as long as I could. Finally at 8:30 I got up. That is when Tevan saw me. I fixed breakfast and fed the kids while Troy went back to bed...I know, huh? Then I made Troy get up at 9:30 to help get the kids ready for church. We were actually ready at 10:00 this morning. WOW. But, I decided never to get ready that early again. Daeson thought that since we had our clothes on and ready for church that we had to leave right then. It just about killed him that he had to wait for 11:00 to come. Troy left to do tortillas, so I had to entertain him for an hour. Finally it reached 11 and we left. All through Sacrament Meeting I wrestled my kids. I am used to it since I do it every Sunday by myself, but today would have been nice to have help. I sat by my VT and she helped me a k=little...thanks Jana!! I brought Tevan home after Sacrament meeting and laid him in his crib...Troy had returned. I went back and actually got to sit through a meeting without kids. WOW. What a feeling. I got home after church, my house was a complete disaster. I just closed my eyes, got ready to go to Rexburg for our Mother's Day picnic, and left. We had a great visit with our extended family. We never see them so it was nice. Daeson came in to tell me he had gotten bucked off the horse at Scott's. They have a mini horse and Daeson was thrilled that he got bucked off. Luckily Jaedyn was there to catch him. He actually wanted to do it again. It made his day to think that for a second he was actually a cowboy. :) We took the kids to Peggy and Richard's, bathed them and then left for the night. I came home to a mess. My house is trashed after two days of in-and-out. I feel like it will take a while to get it back to normal. I did get the dishes loaded in the dishwasher and the counters sorta cleaned off. I have laundry that needs folded, clothes in the dryer and washer that need changed over, and church bags that need cleaned out. But, I decided it is Mother's Day and I will blog if I want to. FlyLady would roll over if she saw what kind of CHAOS I was in. But, the day is done and I am going to go to bed. Troy got me flowers, cake and clothes. It was thoughtful and nice. I guess the thing that I am most sad about is that I didn't get any help getting things cleaned up. I am swimming here...or is it mostly the dead man's float. I will be so, so glad when my basement is all the way finished so that I don't have desks and computers in my living room. They will be down stairs in the den where they go.
I am falling asleep at the keyboard, so I am going to bed...once again, happy Mother's Day!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I really am!
You ARE an awesome mother and I often envy you and your "home ec" abilities. You have two beautiful boys, a beautiful home, and a hubby who I know loves you.
Let me know if there is ever ANYTHING I can do!
Post a Comment