Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Knack for motorbiking



Uncle Adam with Tevan on the motor bike...his very first time. I was freaking out because he didn't have a helmet on. This is probably why they did it while I was inside getting the cake ready.
So, I think riding a motorbike comes naturally for me. I was absolutely brilliant last week when I gracefully rode my father-in-law's motorbike. I really wanted to learn to ride...I have tried once before and did okay, so I thought "How hard could it really be?? I have ridden 4 wheelers and jet skis, so really how hard is this?". Let me just say that it was much easier said than done. I actually think I gave my brother-in-law, Adam, a heart attack...or atleast made him sick to his stomache. Let me back up and tell the story of my brilliant skill.


My sis-in-law, Heidi, turned 19 on the 15th. Yes, I said 19 and she is getting married!!! Oh, so young. But that is another story all together...back to the bike riding. Happy birthday, Heidi! After we ate a delicious BBQ dinner, we played outside. Daeson knows that everytime we go to Damma and Papa Blue's he gets to take a ride on either the 4 wheeler or the bikes. So the guys fired those babies up and away we went. Troy and I have been riding our Honda Shadow around a lot lately and I think I have the bike bug. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bike. So, I thought why not try to ride one. Troy explained to me what handle does what and away I went...very unsteady. I did okay, until I came around the corner. Let me try to explain this as closely as I can for you to picture in your minds. My in-laws live on a huge piece of land. Their house sits in the middle and they have a circular drive way. As you come around from the back of the house to the side, there are big trees and then the drive way. On the other side of the driveway there are more big trees, big, full pine trees. On this particular day Adam had his Ice truck and trailer in the driveway, there was a trailer with snowmachines on it, Heidi's car, Adam and Kayla's Acadia, our van and Peggy's car. Well, as soon as I cleared the trees I saw all of these lovely things parked not two feet from me...keep in mind I paniced and could not remember, to save my life, which was the brake, the clutch or the gas. So after frantically trying all of them, I sped up...this is the point Adam had a heart attack. Well, I thought to myself, "I either hit the very expensive-brand-new Acadia, or I go through the trees and take my chances. So, I ran through the trees. Atleast I did it gracefully...I threw my hands up in the air and I think I even screamed. I still couldn't remember how to stop, so I was extremely grateful the bike killed and stopped on its own. Adam came running, thinking I had hit his car, and took a sigh of relief when he saw that I chose the trees instead of the cars. The worst that happend was all the scratches from the tree...OUCH!! and my bleeding knuckles. I was so disappointed that Troy missed the whole thing...he was inside getting the camera. But, they let me back on and I did okay. I am not ready to buy me a Harley yet, but we are getting there. I asked Troy if I could take his Honda out...he just laughed. The last time I tried to move his bike, I nearly killed Daeson and me...and Tevan as he was in the womb. But, that is another story in itself.


2 comments:

Kayla said...

That WAS so funny! Just reading it made me laugh out loud again!

But it was Adam's F350 truck you almost hit, not the Acadia! Adam thought your blue van was the Acadia so that's when he made a run for it.

I SO wish Troy could of seen it all. Those are precious memories! SO, SO, SO HILARIOUS!

Good job on getting on the bike though - WWWAAAYY better than me.

Megan B ♥ said...

LOL, thank you for squashing MY bike bug. :)