Sunday, May 18, 2008

My Weekly Update

I guess I should post more frequently and post pictures, but I have to use the computer in our living room because Troy is sleeping...and the time I find to actually sit down and do something for myself is after-hours. The boys took late napes today...like 6 p.m....so they just barely went to bed. LUCKY ME!! But, I thought I would recap this week.

Besides the usual house cleaning, this week was rather dull. Tuesday we went to Pocatello and visited Grandpa and Grandma Lish. The kids had fun playing on the playground. I enjoyed the sun, but got FRIED. We ate at a really quaint Indaian restaraunt in downtown Pocatello. It was good, but mine was a bit spicy. None of us got full, so we stopped at Arbys on the way to my brothers' house. Daeson got to play with Brookie and Troy and I visited with Jesse and Jaden.

Wednesday my friend Nicole, from Washington, came for a visit. She has four little ones. We also had some neighbor kids come for a spell. It was great to see her, but Daeson decided to be a terror and was very mean to the kids. He threw dirt in their eyes, hit them with bats, and was very bad. He didn't like it much when I put him in timeout with a spank and told him he had to stay there until I thought he should get out. He is at the "I don't have to listen to you" stage. It is old already and it just started!!!

Friday morning I set out with the kids for a walk. We made it across the street to the church parking lot. My neighbor was out walking so we joined her. It was a great opportunity to get to catch up with her. I used to visit teach her but then we switched sisters. She is a really great lady. We walked for an hour...I loved it, but once again got FRIED. I really need to use sunscreen!!! After Troy got home, we had to visit the accountant, so Sasha babysat for us at her house. Daeson loves the Gallup family very much. Troy and I took the bike across town to the accountant's office. Man I love that bike. It was so nice to hold on and let the wind blow through my hair. (or what it could, I had it in a ponytail) The kids and I later went to the library and Troy went to his office to do paper work. After the library, I convinced Troy that we needed to go out to eat. So, because my kids eat free, we chose Sizzler. It was actually really good and my kids loved it. I think they eat better there than any other restaraunt. We went to Toys R Us to shop for a swing set. That was a disaster. Troy all of the sudden decided he didn't want a swing set so we argued and I got mad. I never thought this would be such an issue...I mean really. He is worried about his lawn getting messed up...HELLO, WE HAD TWO DOGS!!!! How much more messed up could it get?? Then he told me to take them to the park everyday. With the price of gas I could OWN the park. So we still don't have anything picked out for Daeson for his birthday...it is in 10 days.

Saturday after Troy got off work we went to NARNIA, Price Caspian. VERY GOOD MOVIE!!! I really liked it. Bianca and Mahana came over to watch the kids. We were gone about 3 hours. Tevan was asleep when we got home and the rest of them were watching Monster House. The girls stayed to finish the movie and then their family came over to dinner. It wasn't a fancy dinner at all, but they seemed to not care. We had potato bar and fruit salad. It was nice to visit them. We really love that family. They are so kind to us. After dinner, the Gallups left save Bianca and Mahana. They stayed until about 9ish. Troy's cousin Josh and Uncle Gary stopped by for a quick visit. It was great to see them. I hadn't seen Josh since the 4th of July and Gary before that. We had a nice chat.

That brings us to today. The boys and I went to church...we were 15 minutes early today!!! YEEEHHHHAAAWWWW!! I fought with both kids through Sacrament Mtg. Then I lead the music in RS and really did a bad job. Tevan cried at my feet, I picked him up, lost my spot, put him back down, lost my spot again, and wanted to CRY. It was awful. Thank goodness the sisters are understanding. I really would like to be released from that calling. I have done it for three years now and I am ready to be done. For some reason I am still in there, so I guess I better just enjoy it. Maybe one day I won't have a Sunday calling. But, maybe that is what keeps me active. Anyway, today was not a happy day in the Grover house. I will spare you the details. It is about 11:15 pm now and my kitchen floor is calling me...oh, wait maybe that is the laundry...no, it might be the bathrooms. Who knows, I think it is my menu and schedule planning for this week. What ever it is I will ignore.

I think I will just read my book instead and enjoy the rest of my night...If I start now I will get a few chapters done before bed time. (My bed time is when I get everything done...most nights 1:30 or 2) Happy new week to you all. Maybe next week I will actually get some pictures on here! We'll see!

No comments: