We had quite the weekend and since this is my way of keeping track of things, I better get it all in here. Friday Barbara, Cameron, Daeson, Tevan and I went to the library. We had a great time. Troy and I went out on a DATE...meaning without kids. Troy's parents watched them for us. We went to Winger's and then Troy took me shopping for new shirts. I have a belt that eats holes in all my shirt bottoms...looks pretty bad! So I got three new shirts. It's always fun to get something new. Then we went out to pick up our kids, and came home.
Troy worked Saturday...most of the morning. He is so busy lately that we hardly see him. We went to Town and Country Gardens in the afternoon to pick out some stuff for our yard. We got some pansies and a shrub/tree thing. We also got a pretty flower for Grandma Grover. It was her birthday yesterday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA SARAH! Some of our aunts, uncles, and cousins went to eat last night. It was nice to see them. We live so close to each other, but rarely see anyone. After dinner, Troy and I drove around with the kids to look at other yards to get ideas for our own. We have big dreams...it will all take time I am sure. Our yard needs a lot of help...it never was a pretty lawn. But we hope this summer to get it ship-shape.
Today the boys and I went to 11 o'clock church. I was pretty excited that we got there before the end of the first song, and I got the kids ready all by myself. I even had time to practice my RS songs. That never happens. (I lead the music...still) Then we spent the day outside walking, visiting, planting, bike riding. I even got sunburned. The boys love it. Daeson rode his trike around the block. He did very well. He pedaled the whole way. Then Troy put training wheels on his other bike and tried to teach him how to ride it. Daeson didn't like that if he pedaled back he stopped. The brake thing is a new concept to him. Troy's family came over tonight for dinner. In celebration of Cinco de Mayo we decided to have mexican food. I made enchiladas, Troy and his friend made carne asada and Troy's mom brought a huge salad...not mexican, but very delicious. Adam and Kayla brought chips and salsa...very mexican. We also ate on Dora and Diego plates :). My neighbor let us borrow Mexican Train, but we never got to play it. Baths came and went. Then Troy and I, about 9:30, put Dan in Real Life in. Now that our family room is done downstairs, we don't have to watch our movies on the computer anymore...it is so much better on a big screen. We both can see the movie. It was a great show. I thought it was cute. Now the kids are in bed, Troy is in bed, and I should head there shortly.
Oh, Kayla helped me put my playlist on. Thanks!! I have had a super fun time picking songs. In fact, I want to put some songs on from High School. It is my 10th year of being graduated. HOLY COW!! I didn't like high school all that much, but it is still hard to believe that I have been done for 10 years. So, I will have to put some Smashing Pumpkins, Stone Temple Pilots, Cranberries, Savage Gardens and what ever else I can come up with on my list to remind me of how fun...or not fun...high school was. So stayed tuned while I figure it all out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you had a good weekend overall. And thanks again for the YUMMY dinner last night! It was so delicious!
Awesome job on the playlist too.
Post a Comment