Thursday, May 29, 2008

Our Trip to Jackson Hole...Happy Memorial Day

Okay, so we decided to do something FUN on Memorial Day since Troy only did tortillas in the morning. We love to go different places...I didn't want to stay in IF with nothing new to do. So, we packed the kids and picked up Heidi (Troy's little sis) and headed out to Jackson Hole, WY. We were so excited for the day's activities: walk around, do some shopping, eat at a really great place, and attend the cowboy shoot out. About Rire I remembered that I didn't pack jackets for Troy and I, just the boys. The weather forecast said 40 degrees with thunderstorms and rain. So there was strike ONE.

Strike TWO: We pulled into Jackson and it was RAINING. Not just a little rain, but at times, POURING. But, luckily I had bundled up the kids and packed the double stroller with double umbrellas. The first store we found was Eddie Bauer. I decided I love this store. Not only do their pants fit me well, but a size SMALLER!! That was super great. Oh, and the two pair I bought were on SALE: $20.00! Troy and I also found coats on CLEARANCE. They even had hoods on them. So, we were then set to go out, yet again, in the rain. We ventured the streets of Jackson Hole, WY finding some fun stores and cute things to look at. I wanted to buy so much more, but I was feeling guilty about the money already spent on jackets and pants.


The rain increased and finally, after searching out the candy store, found refuge. We spent a good twenty minutes to a half hour in the candy store. I got a piece of fudge, Troy picked a haystack and Daeson got a HUGE lollypop. I was, however, very disappointed. The fudge was not that good and Daeson broke his HUGE lollypop into pieces. Strike THREE. I would much rather have fudge from the PLAYMILL!!! Delicious.


Yes, there are two more strikes, here is strike THREE. We then decided we were starving. Not just hungry, but fussy kids, grumpy wife STARVING. We were not expecting to find a cheap place in Jackson, but reasonable would have been nice. We walked into Teton Steakhouse (I think that is it...I had heard good things about it) and looked at the menu. $29.00 each person? Are you out of your minds? We had three adults and two children to buy dinner for...I don't think so. We left that restaraunt and went back to the car. We found a Village Inn just on the outskirts of town and decided that is where we were going to eat. We all got full and it didn't cost us a fortune, but the service was not great. In fact, it was on the verge of TERRIBLE. So, if you are looking for a place to eat pretty good food at reasonable prices, but not have great service, Village Inn is your place.


Now finally strike FOUR. (you didn't know there were four strikes in the game, did you?) We didn't get to see the cowboy shoot out show. The rain was beating down and it turned COLD. I was so glad that I had packed extra outfits for the kids because we ended up using them. Daeson was extremely disappointed that he didn't get to see the cowboys, but he got over it.


I know this probably sounds like we didn't have a great time...but, we really did. We got to spend the day as a family and that is something we don't get very much. Troy is so busy all the time between his three jobs that we hardly ever see him. So, it was very nice to have that. And, I got new clothes :) now who wouldn't be happy with that? Here are some pics from the trip...a picture is worth a thousand words, right? It really was a good time, there was the good points in with the bad.


1 comment:

Kayla said...

Well atleast you made it to Jackson's hole. We only made it to Ashton and then turned around. :)

Glad you had a good time though and got new pants! BONUS!